Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new patch this week that will intend to address a number of issues including a invisibility glitch, an Oregon washing machine exploit, and a number of other troublesome exploits that are wreaking havoc on gameplay.
While there is no set date for the arrival of the patch, it is expected to arrive this week and the notes are as follows:
- Fixed – Deployable shields placed perpendicular to a window prevent vaulting.
- Fixed – The operator is invisible when players load into game.
- Fixed – Pistols have their reticle misaligned with the center of the screen while shooting.
- Fixed – No toggle for Montagne and Pulse special abilities (now comes with toggle).
- Fixed – Cannot access Bulletproof Camera by pressing the secondary gadget button while prone.
- Fixed – While prone, using melee and standing up will switch the knife animation to shield.
- Fixed – The Stun Grenade VFX can be cancelled under certain conditions.
- Fixed – The squad leader remains alone in a match after one squad member leaves when the leader starts the match.
- Fixed – Latency, micro stutters and graphical issues after playing multiple matches and maps in the same Custom game session.
- Fixed – End of round timer does not stop when initiating the defuser plant at the last moment.
- Fixed – Clipping issue on Lion’s uniforms.
- Fixed – Hibana’s face appears washed off when equipped with the Yurei headgear.
- Fixed – Holding down both gadget buttons and releasing them in a certain order switches away from Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor.
- Fixed – The Chalkboard uniform for Hibana does not appear properly while in First Person.
- Fixed – Blitz’s arm is delayed when leaning, causing clipping issues with shield.
- Fixed – The observation tool icon is missing from the select spawn location screen for attackers in preparation phase in Ranked.
- Fixed – A second “Gold Lion Chibi” will float next to the weapon it is attached to.
- Fixed – Equipping a country flag charm on the SPSMG9 will also apply on Clash’s CCE shield.
- Fixed – Chibi charms are not properly placed on Clash’s CCE Shield in load out.
- Fixed – Multiple charms are clipping through Blitz’s and Clash’s shields.
- Fixed – Charms equipped on Clash’s shield are not visible in 3rd person view.
-Pick and ban
- Fixed – When Joining in Progress during a ban reveal, players will always see the blue smoke.
- Fixed – Joining in Progress with previously selected operator does not update teammates blocked operators.
- Fixed – During the ready screen, the sizes of the operator’s cards are not consistent.
- Fixed – The “Change floor” button is missing in the tactical map.
- Fixed – The bullet point that indicates the currently voted OP disappears after changing display mode.
- Fixed – Valkyrie Black Eye can see through the ceiling when placed on in a spot on 2F Bank.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Tellers Office allows Valkyrie’s Black Eye to see the corridor and staircase.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Archives allows throwable gadgets to reach 2F Skylight Stairwell.
- Fixed – Attacker drones can see through the ceiling underneath 1F Lobby and Bar.
- Fixed – Drone has no collision with the terrace edge from West Front Yard.
- Fixed – Ranked Match Action phase lasts for 4 minutes on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Equipping a shield drops the fps by 10–20 on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Unstable FPS in Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Maestro’s gadget is vulnerable by breaking cosmetic destruction, Small pinstripe carpets across the map.
- Fixed – Players can hide under a desk in 1F Prep Area.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wall and the ammo box in 1F Garage.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wooden planks located in EXT Barnyard.
- Fixed – Thatcher’s EMP grenade does not turn off the faux volumetric glow from the ceiling lights in EXT Barn.
- Fixed – Small gap in 2F bathroom ceiling on Hereford base rework.
- Fixed – Players can clip inside a wall using a deployable shield at 2F Workshop.
- Fixed – Players cannot pick up armor plates if the armor bag is deployed on a kettle in 3F Cigar Lounge.
- Fixed – Operators can get stuck inside a pile of boxes in 1F Office.
- Fixed – Player can vault inside the washing machine on Oregon.
- Fixed – If Buck mounts Tachanka’s LMG Turret with the Skeleton Key on and leaves it, no interaction can be made with the turret afterwards.
- Fixed – Clash can instantly go into ADS with her secondary after un–equipping her shield.
- Fixed – Clash is not able to use Observation Tools while her CCE shield is extended.
- Fixed – Instead of disappearing when Echo’s Yokai hover drone is disabled, the “Jump” button appears greyed out.
- Fixed – If a disabled Yokai hover drone is picked up and re–deployed, it will still be in the disabled state when redeployed.
- Fixed – Finka’s Spear308’s damage falloff over distance is too high.
- Fixed – Maverick’s blowtorch makes no sound on the first use on a wall.
- Fixed – Blowtorch SFX persists after Maverick is killed while using it.
- Fixed – Black Mirror can be destroyed from the other side of a reinforced wall.
- Fixed – Mira can place her Mirror under another destroyed Black Mirror.
Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon Winning in United Kingdom
FromSoftware title ‘Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon’, which is published by Bandai Namco, has laid claim to the top spot of the boxed charts in the United Kingdom this week following it’s August 25th release.
Armored Core 6’s debut pushed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to the second overall spot in news that video game journalists have been covering extensively.
According to GamesIndustry.biz, Bandai Namco believes that ‘Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon’ is a “big step up in the franchise’ and communicated their hopes that it would surpass previous Armored Core games following the increased popularity in the game developers work on Elden Ring.
The United Kingdom charts also saw The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom move back to the 3rd spot, and FIFA 23 holding the 4th spot.
The biggest rise was from Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which jumped back in the top top from it’s previous 24th spot to land in 6th with a 146% increase in sales. That game, along with Hogwarts Legacy, is currently a part of a Playstation 5 bundle.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year edition entered the Top Ten this week with an appearance in the 9th spot.
The news wasn’t so good for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre which saw a debut in the 13th spot last week but has now dropped to 37th following a 43% decrease in sales week-on-week, despite it’s initial push on every video game streaming platform following it’s heavily hyped arrival.
Here is a breakdown from the United Kingdom Boxed Top Ten for the week ending on August 26th, via GamesIndustry.biz.
|Last Week||This Week||Title|
|New Entry||1||Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon|
|1||2||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe|
|4||3||The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom|
|24||6||Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga|
|5||7||Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate|
|7||8||Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)|
|12||9||The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition|
|2||10||Grand Theft Auto V|
Scriptic Raises $6 Million in Additional Seed Funding
Interactive drama developer and BAFTA-nominated studio Scriptic has raised a total $6.2 million in additional seed funding, including $500,000 from the Sony Innovation Fund, bringing the total seed investments to $8.7 million.
The funding will be deployed to continue going towards the expansion of its mobile narrative offerings, and the studio aims to provide its generative AI developer tools to more writers and storytellers.
“It’s a huge honor to have Sony Innovation Fund join our roster of stellar investors, and we’re thrilled that they share our vision for the future of interactive media and storytelling,” Scriptic CEO Nihal Tharoor said, according to GamesIndustry.biz.
Xbox Scheduled to Release Baldur’s Gate 3 Later This Year
Following news earlier this year that Larian Studios cited technical issues developing the port, there is now official confirmation that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be launching on Xbox Series X|S consoles this year.
Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke officially announced the update on social media following a meeting with Xbox head Phil Spencer.
“We’ve found a solution that allows us to bring Baldur’s Gate 3 to Xbox players this year still, something we’ve been working towards for quite some time,” Vincke said in the announcement. “All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X.”
The Xbox Series S console version of the RPG will not feature split-screen coop, a disappointing part of the update, but Baldur’s Gate 3 will have cross-save progression functionality between Steam and Xbox Series consoles.
Stay tuned here or other prominent video game journalists for more information on Baldur’s Gate heading to Xbox in 2023.
News5 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling