PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 23rd patch following the 1.0 launch will roll out and be made available later today and is considered to be a rather big patch that will add new content and a host of brand new features following a week of testing.
After 4 hours of maintenance, the patch with go lice at 8:30pm EST and will introduce the new machine pistol, the Skorpion, which is the highlight of the patch.
New content: the Skorpion
- Added a new handgun, the Skorpion
- The Skorpion spawns on all maps
- Single fire and full auto fire mode
- Uses 9mm ammo, it can load up to 20 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- It takes red dot sight, suppressor, vertical foregrip, half grip, light grip, laser sight, UZI stock, pistol extended magazine
- Also available in the Training mode
Lobby patch notes
- Added Patch Notes to the lobby. They can be viewed in a popup by clicking the Patch Notes icon in the top right.
- Videos included in the patch notes cannot be played directly in the client.
- When clicking on a video, an external browser will open to play the video.
- Decreased recoil of the P18C.
- Toned down the opacity of the blue zone so that it less difficult to see through.
- Mitigated an issue where the blue zone’s opacity difference was too strong depending on the map and weather type.
- Added an on-screen dynamic key map guide which changes based on the gameplay situation.
- The guide appears above the minimap.
- The guide is set to “On” by default, but can be switched off in Settings > Gameplay.
- We’ve improved the control of wheel menu, making it easier for players to select items.
- We’ve improved the Page Up/Page Down reticle changing functionality of red dot sight, holographic sight and 2x/3x scopes.
- Selections are now on a loop, so players can press one button to cycle through the options.
- The name of the player being watched while spectating teammates, in observer view, or killer spectating will now appear in the top left corner of the screen.
- Made fixes and improvements to Training Mode
- Optimized moving targets. Basic function is same as before but the appearance is slightly changed.
- Limited the maximum spawns of water vehicles (boat, aqua rail) to 2
- This is a temporary solution due to a performance issue, we will implement additional improvements in the future.
- Reduced visual flickering of thin objects such as electrical wires.
- Improved performance by mitigating an issue causing thin objects to flicker.
- Optimised particles in rainy weather.
- Survival XP can now be earned while observing teammates.
- This grants 50% less XP than while alive
- Added the report player function to event mode games.
- By pressing “R” key when spectating, you can report a player who previously killed you.
- Players can report other players during a match by clicking the “Report” button on the death screen.
- Up to 8 recent players who killed you will be displayed as available to report.
- When reporting a teammate who killed you, the option to report for team killing will be displayed.
- You can only make one report per player, per game.
Skins and items
- Added multi-slot items as a new category.
- These are single piece clothing items that require multiple slots to wear (Torso and Legs, for example).
- If you try to wear a multi-slot item while wearing a single slot item in one of those slots, those items will be removed automatically.
- Changed the reset time of the weekly random crate to Tuesday 5pm PDT (UTC 0).
-Added a new game mode, War Mode: Conquest
- This game mode sets two Platoons (up to 50 vs. 50) against each other to capture and hold objectives within an area. Your Platoon earns points as you hold these objectives and the team with the highest score wins.
- Multiple options, including capture area circle size can be adjusted in the match options.
- Added a few War Mode: Conquest related presets.
- A detailed guide for recommended custom match settings for this mode will be announced in a separate article at a later date.
- Replays are not yet available for War Mode: Conquest matches. This functionality will be added in a future update.
- Added the option to invite friends to a custom game
- Added an option to adjust damage ratios (from 0 to 500%) in custom game settings.
- You can adjust the head, upper body, lower body, arm, or leg damage ratio from bullets and melee attacks.
- You can also adjust the damage ratio from throwables.
- Corrected issue with default configuration settings for killer spectating and red zone in Esports Mode.
- Added “Camp Jackal” (Training Mode Map) as an available map for War Mode matches.
- Fixed the issue where players could use weapons while swimming if they kept pushing the weapon equip button near rocks.
- Fixed some exploitable spots which allowed players to enter inside cliff faces.
- Fixed the issue where in FPP when character holding throwables or ready to throw throwables is moving facing the sky, his/her hand flickers and moves around.
- Fixed an issue which caused the screen to shake excessively when spectating or viewing the death cam of an opponent who was firing a weapon.
- Fixed the issue where when freefalling out of the plane and pressing particular movement keys, certain animations didn’t play correctly.
- Fixed the issue where the footstep sounds of players moving at low speed (walking when crouching) was not played to other players.
- Fixed the issue where when click the “Play” button, game was frozen in the lobby.
- Fixed the issue where world map and wheel menu could be opened at the same time.
- Fixed the issue where a spot at the back of the truck and buggy would block bullets.
- Fixed the issue where when plane flew around you, the sound of plane was not played.
- Fixed an issue which caused waves to not be heard momentarily after unmuting the game sounds.
Gamactica Women Relaunches with New Vision
Today, Gamactica announced the official relaunch of Gamactica Women, which was one of the first sections added to the social media platform, alongside the Stream Directory.
With a new vision, new direction, and new purpose, Gamactica Women is looking to do something positive and impactful across the gaming and streaming industries. And while it will be similar to other directories on Gamactica, it will also serve as something much more.
According to the official announcement posted on Wednesday morning (via Portals): “Today, I would like to introduce you to Eclipse, which is a section dedicated to creators who create content in mediums such as film, fan films, performances, stand up comedy, and more. With our powerful marketing structure, and our community of creators who create diverse content across a number of platforms, our mission is to create a space for fan film content creators, indie film creators, and extended content creators that want to build visibility, improve networking, and build more connections within the content creation industry.
Much like our Content Creator Directory (aka the Stream Directory) we will be providing visitors direct access to content creators of this niche within the Gamactica platform, including previews of their work.
While we will be working with creators who make content in all genres, we will be really pushing the horror genre hard, due to our partnership with horror news website Fright Nerd, and the Fright Nerd Podcast which will be making it’s return soon. Through this partnership we will be able to expand on our benefits with exclusive interviews, trailer releases, and more via the Fright Nerd website.”
Gamactica Women is LIVE and accepting applications!
Gamactica Unveils New Directory for Military Streamers, Military Content Creators, More
On Monday, social media platform Gamactica officially announced the launch of a brand new directory and resource hub exclusively geared for Military streamers, content creators, gamers and more!
Gamactica Military will combine the power of the social media platform and their award winning internet marketing structure to provide additional exposure and visibility to active duty and veterans who are working in content creation, advocacy, gaming, esports, and more.
The section will also serve as a resource hub to improve connectivity and networking between different sectors of the industries, specific to those in the military.
“Similar to the Content Creator Directory/Stream Directory, the Military section will be a directory for Military streamers, gamers, Military content creators, as well as brands, stream teams, gaming groups, advocacy groups, non profits, charities and more. It is open to both active duty and veterans” the official announcement stated (according to Portals).
“It is important that, as our platform grows, we continue to evolve and also introduce meaningful sections that can positively impact the industry. Powered by our platform, and our award-winning marketing structure, It is my hope that this better connects the community, and helps create more visibility, more support, and better connectivity for active duty and military creators and brands.”
Check out the new section right here
NAVI Releasing Documentary on s1mple
NAVI is getting set to release a documentary that will follow s1mple’s life and explore his “ups and downs” as one of the most recognizable esports players with insight from former and current teammates, his family, commentators, analysts, and “many others” from the industry.
“I remember the time when we just signed a contract in 2016,” NAVI CEO Yevhen Zolotarov said in an official press release. “Honestly, now it’s hard to believe that it was already five years ago. For the esports industry, five years is quite a long period of time.”
“S1mple is a legend not only for NAVI but for esports in general,” co-founder and CEO of DMarket Vlad Panchenko said. “Therefore, the items that will be dropping during the NAVI watch party stream are also legendary and unique.”
DMarket has created a “unique drop-game” with exclusive items dedicated to s1mple to coincide with the release of the doc, and Natus Vincerewill be premiering a documentary about him on Twitch next month, to celebrate his fifth year with the brand.
Additionally, a NAVI watch party is also set for the doc, set to air on one of their upcoming twitch streams set to take place on September 8th at 11am CT.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News4 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile4 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling