PUBG Vikendi – Update 24 patch notes
- Vikendi is 6x6km map. The gameplay of Vikendi is quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but offers an arguably more tactical experience than Sanhok.
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow or icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain is slow and you lose more general vehicle control as you speed up
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will appear as players travel in snow-covered areas. Keep an eye out! These are great to help identify if enemies have passed by recently
- Keep in mind that footprints and tracks in the snow don’t stay around forever!
- The center of the red zone spawns outside of the play zone
- The smaller the play zone, the smaller the red zone
- The first circle of every game is much smaller than other maps, but subsequent circle sizes change less drastically.
- This facilitates more blue zone variety and unique experiences.
- Similar strategies work on Vikendi to Erangel and Miramar for the first three phases, but the zones will close slower starting from phase 4, similar to Sahnok. We feel this leads to a good balance between strategy and gunplay throughout the duration of each match
Item Spawn Balance
- The overall item spawn rate is at a midpoint between our maps – offering a unique place between the spawn rates of Erangel and Sahnok.
- Level 3 helmets spawn in the world
- Level 3 vests spawn more often than other maps
- Smoke Grenades are spawned at a higher rate compared to other throwables
Added a new AR – G36C
- G36C spawns only in Vikendi
- Chambered for 5.56mm ammo, it can load 30 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C has a lower and upper rail for attachments, but cannot attach a stock
Added a new vehicle – Snowmobile
- The Snowmobile only spawns in Vikendi
- It seats 2 players and performs much better than other vehicles on snow and ice, but is more difficult to drive on other terrain.
Added a Replay editor system
- This system allows you to create dynamic video clips with creative camera angles and special effects using your replay files
- You can also create 3D paths for the camera and camera angles and export clips
- Guide & Tutorial of the replay editor system will be updated later.
- Improved the character animations used in the air.
- Character movements are much more fluid and have been improved to be more realistic.
Parachute System Overhaul
Updated parachuting system will be applied to the test server on December 10.
- LSHIFT now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness
- LSHIFT helps you drop faster and land quicker
- LCTRL lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance
You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air.
- This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far
- Added new landing animations
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing
- Improved blood hit effects
- Improved the visuals of blood particles when players are shot.
- Improved the visuals of blood effects that appear on screen when shot by other players.
- Slightly increased delay between single shots of the M16A4
- Players now receive damage from Molotovs that hit their vehicle
- Molotovs that hit around the vehicle, or when driven through an already-exploded molotov will not damage those inside
Survival Title System (Season 2 Beta)
- Changed Season 1 Beta Rank system to Season 2 Beta Survival Title System.
- For more information, please check the Dev Letter (Introducing our new Beta Season 2 Title System) released on Dec 5.
- Changed the overall lobby theme in celebration of our latest map – Vikendi
- Applied a snowing effect
- Changed the background music
- Improved the Store feature
- Added additional sorting features to sort by Featured, Newest, Price High to Low, Price Low to High
- When you preview items in the store, only the selected item to be previewed will be displayed on your character. All items equipped in your wardrobe will be unequipped.
- If you preview a helmet skin, makeup or other items covering the face, all other items equipped on the head will be unequipped
- Combined the ‘Career’ and ‘Leaderboard’ menu in Statistics into a ‘Season’ menu
- Added On/Off option keybind for the on-screen key guide
- You can toggle the on-screen key guide by pressing ALT+K
- You can change the default setting for this feature in the settings under the Gameplay tab
Play Menu UI Renewal
- Improved the map and game mode selection UI
- Training mode can now be found under the PLAY menu, next to public match
- Optimized foliage and vegetation rendering
- Improved CPU performance by optimizing the object creation process
- Improved GPU performance for Medium and Low options by adjusting graphic quality related to the ‘Post Processing’ with those settings (tuned HBAO+)
- Fixed an issue where each weapon had a different delay between reloading and being able to fire
- Fixed an issue which caused vehicles to sometimes pass through players, when rolling down a hill
- Fixed an issue which prevented the system menu from opening when clicking a specific spot on the button
- Fixed an issue when laying prone right next to a wall, your weapon could move through the wall in FPP
- Fixed an issue when spectating a player who died in Replay Mode, the follow camera stopped working
- Fixed an issue which caused sudden frame drops temporarily when quickly toggling voice/sound options repeatedly
- Fixed an issue that caused the region indicator in-game beneath the health bar to display as “UNKNOWN”
- Region indicator will now not be shown until before the match countdown starts
- Fixed an issue which caused character animations to look unnatural when players were pushed by a vehicle moving down a hill
- Fixed an issue caused after restarting the lobby with ‘Open Crate’ and ‘Preview’ buttons displaying on the left side of the screen in the Store Inventory page
- Fixed an issue which caused the camera to fall into the ground in replay mode after parachuting
- Fixed an issue where the angle of the spectated player’s view was different from that of the player
Blaze Entertainment Says Evercade Units Stolen in Robbery
Blaze Entertainment says that they were the victims of a robbery back on December 6th that saw a lorry carrying limited edition units of the Evercade EXP was the subject of a suspected “targeted, possible organized attack”, according to Eurogamer.
Per the report, over £500,000 worth of hardware was taken, as the units were en route to a Funstock warehouse in the United Kingdom where the limited edition Evercade consoles were being sold.
“We at Blaze are hugely frustrated and angry that this has occurred, and with these products so close to release the timing could not be worse,” Andrew Byatt, CEO of Blaze Entertainment said in an official statement. “We have shared all the information, including evidence of theft, with the UK Police and we await news of their investigations.”
Byatt said that the company is “hopeful of recovering the stock” and said that the company had already started production on replacements to be sent out as soon as possible.
GameStop Continues Troubling Trend in Q3
GameStop continues to see a dip in sales and Q3 data shows that the company is not showing that it can climb out of the troubling spot it has been in for the last few years, according to the company’s financial report.
The numbers demonstrate the financials for the three month period that ended on October 29th, 2022.
- Net sales: $1.2 billion, down 8% year-over-year
- Net loss: $94.7 million, down 10% year-on-year
- Hardware and accessories: $627 million, down 6% year-over-year
- Software: $352 million, down 19% year-over-year
- GameStop’s net loss was down 10% compared to the same period last year, but still hit $94.7 million
- Sales decreased across the board
In an earnings call (as transcribed via Seeking Alpha), Gamestop CEO Matt Furlong stated that the company would not provide “formal guidance at this time.”
“It is worth reiterating, however, that our goal is to achieve profitability in the near term,” he said.
“I want to finish by reiterating what we’ve said in the past. We’re attempting to accomplish something unprecedented in the retail sector. We’re seeking to transform a legacy brick-and-mortar business that was on the brink of bankruptcy into a retailer that meets customers’ needs through our stores, e-commerce properties and emerging sales channels. This path carries risk and is taking time, but it is the path we are on. With that said, GameStop is a stronger business today than at any time in the recent past.”
Embracer Approved to Trade on Nasdaq Stockholm
Embracer Group has officially been approved to trade on Nasdaq Stockholm, which is the main market for Nordic companies, and the company’s first day of trading on the market will happen on December 22nd.
Embracer was previously trading on Nasdaq First North Growth Market, where they have been listed since November 2016 under the name THQ Nordic AB, and its last day there will be December 21.
“The rationale for the listing in 2016, and the related capital raise was, among other things, to finance growth, facilitate the possibility of using the company’s shares as a means of payment in acquisitions, and strengthen the company’s profile and brand among investors, customers and within the sector in general,” the company said in an official announcement.
“The listing of the company’s class B shares on Nasdaq Stockholm is an important step in [its] continued development and has been a long-standing ambition of the company’s board of directors and management,” it continued.
“In addition to the fact that the listing on Nasdaq Stockholm provides a quality stamp for the company, the listing is also expected to make the company’s class B shares even more attractive as a means of payment, which may facilitate future acquisition discussions. Furthermore, the listing on Nasdaq Stockholm is expected to better reflect the maturity of the company from a capital market perspective and enable more institutional investors to invest in the Company’s class B shares.”
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News4 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile4 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling