PUBG Vikendi Patch Is Live on PC
A brand new patch for PUBG has been rolled out and Vikendi, the new 6×6km map, is now available to all PUBG players on PC.
PUBG Vikendi – Update 24 patch notes
- Vikendi is 6x6km map. The gameplay of Vikendi is quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but offers an arguably more tactical experience than Sanhok.
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow or icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain is slow and you lose more general vehicle control as you speed up
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will appear as players travel in snow-covered areas. Keep an eye out! These are great to help identify if enemies have passed by recently
- Keep in mind that footprints and tracks in the snow don’t stay around forever!
- The center of the red zone spawns outside of the play zone
- The smaller the play zone, the smaller the red zone
- The first circle of every game is much smaller than other maps, but subsequent circle sizes change less drastically.
- This facilitates more blue zone variety and unique experiences.
- Similar strategies work on Vikendi to Erangel and Miramar for the first three phases, but the zones will close slower starting from phase 4, similar to Sahnok. We feel this leads to a good balance between strategy and gunplay throughout the duration of each match
Item Spawn Balance
- The overall item spawn rate is at a midpoint between our maps – offering a unique place between the spawn rates of Erangel and Sahnok.
- Level 3 helmets spawn in the world
- Level 3 vests spawn more often than other maps
- Smoke Grenades are spawned at a higher rate compared to other throwables
Added a new AR – G36C
- G36C spawns only in Vikendi
- Chambered for 5.56mm ammo, it can load 30 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C has a lower and upper rail for attachments, but cannot attach a stock
Added a new vehicle – Snowmobile
- The Snowmobile only spawns in Vikendi
- It seats 2 players and performs much better than other vehicles on snow and ice, but is more difficult to drive on other terrain.
Added a Replay editor system
- This system allows you to create dynamic video clips with creative camera angles and special effects using your replay files
- You can also create 3D paths for the camera and camera angles and export clips
- Guide & Tutorial of the replay editor system will be updated later.
- Improved the character animations used in the air.
- Character movements are much more fluid and have been improved to be more realistic.
Parachute System Overhaul
Updated parachuting system will be applied to the test server on December 10.
- LSHIFT now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness
- LSHIFT helps you drop faster and land quicker
- LCTRL lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance
You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air.
- This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far
- Added new landing animations
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing
- Improved blood hit effects
- Improved the visuals of blood particles when players are shot.
- Improved the visuals of blood effects that appear on screen when shot by other players.
- Slightly increased delay between single shots of the M16A4
- Players now receive damage from Molotovs that hit their vehicle
- Molotovs that hit around the vehicle, or when driven through an already-exploded molotov will not damage those inside
Survival Title System (Season 2 Beta)
- Changed Season 1 Beta Rank system to Season 2 Beta Survival Title System.
- For more information, please check the Dev Letter (Introducing our new Beta Season 2 Title System) released on Dec 5.
- Changed the overall lobby theme in celebration of our latest map – Vikendi
- Applied a snowing effect
- Changed the background music
- Improved the Store feature
- Added additional sorting features to sort by Featured, Newest, Price High to Low, Price Low to High
- When you preview items in the store, only the selected item to be previewed will be displayed on your character. All items equipped in your wardrobe will be unequipped.
- If you preview a helmet skin, makeup or other items covering the face, all other items equipped on the head will be unequipped
- Combined the ‘Career’ and ‘Leaderboard’ menu in Statistics into a ‘Season’ menu
- Added On/Off option keybind for the on-screen key guide
- You can toggle the on-screen key guide by pressing ALT+K
- You can change the default setting for this feature in the settings under the Gameplay tab
Play Menu UI Renewal
- Improved the map and game mode selection UI
- Training mode can now be found under the PLAY menu, next to public match
- Optimized foliage and vegetation rendering
- Improved CPU performance by optimizing the object creation process
- Improved GPU performance for Medium and Low options by adjusting graphic quality related to the ‘Post Processing’ with those settings (tuned HBAO+)
- Fixed an issue where each weapon had a different delay between reloading and being able to fire
- Fixed an issue which caused vehicles to sometimes pass through players, when rolling down a hill
- Fixed an issue which prevented the system menu from opening when clicking a specific spot on the button
- Fixed an issue when laying prone right next to a wall, your weapon could move through the wall in FPP
- Fixed an issue when spectating a player who died in Replay Mode, the follow camera stopped working
- Fixed an issue which caused sudden frame drops temporarily when quickly toggling voice/sound options repeatedly
- Fixed an issue that caused the region indicator in-game beneath the health bar to display as “UNKNOWN”
- Region indicator will now not be shown until before the match countdown starts
- Fixed an issue which caused character animations to look unnatural when players were pushed by a vehicle moving down a hill
- Fixed an issue caused after restarting the lobby with ‘Open Crate’ and ‘Preview’ buttons displaying on the left side of the screen in the Store Inventory page
- Fixed an issue which caused the camera to fall into the ground in replay mode after parachuting
- Fixed an issue where the angle of the spectated player’s view was different from that of the player
Microsoft Unveils Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit
Xbox has officially unveiled the Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit which is aimed to help creators reduce energy consumption and measure carbon emissions during game development processes.
The Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit includes resources that include:
- Power Monitor tools
- Certification reports
- Power consumption dashboards
- Best practices
Ubisoft and 343 Industries were named as early users of the Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit with 343 Industries able to reduce energy use by 15% without impacting the player experience at all.
Ubisoft and Xbox are co-developing an energy-efficient eco-mode for users.
You can check out the full report right here.
Epic Games Store Hits $820 Million in Player Spending During 2022
Epic Games has officially released financial data related to it’s growing marketplace on PC, showing that $820 million was spent on the Epic Games Store during the 2022 year, and promised support for third-party subscription services and new ‘content hubs’ to help companies promote their titles.
According to the data:
- Total users of Epic Games Store PC: 230 million (up 19% year-on-year)
- Epic cross-platform accounts: 732 million
- Daily active users peak: 34.3 million
- Monthly active users: 68 million (up 10%)
- Total spending, incl. Epic’s games: $820 million (down 2%)
- Spending on third-party games: $355 million (up 18%)
- Free games claimed: 700 million
- Number of new PC releases: 626
- Total library of PC games: 1,548 (up 68%)
Epic Games stated on it’s blog that more PC games launched during the 2022 year than in any year prior.
Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto 5, Rocket League, Genshin Impact, and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands were among the most popular titles related to player engagement and player spending, and Epic Games looks to deepen their focus in 2023 as they aim to improve the store launcher’s performance.
Epic Games also aims to add support for subscription services from third-party publishers and live service products by the end of the 2023 year, adding that they are also working on ‘content hubs’ which will be separate from product pages and will enable publishers to “share information with users in a robust editorial format.”
California Judge Dismisses Gamers Lawsuit Filed Against Microsoft
A federal judge in San Francisco has ruled that the group of 10 plaintiffs “[lacked] allegations” in their lawsuit filed last year that claimed Microsoft’s ownerships of Activision Blizzard would harm consumers and competition in the video games market, according to a filing shared by Reuters.
While US District Judge Jacqueline Corley dismissed the case, she also gave the plaintiffs 20 days to refine their lawsuit and resubmit it, and the group’s lawyer, Joseph Saveri, said that there are plans to officially submit an amended lawsuit with “additional factual detail” that will address the judge’s concerns.
It marks a victory for Microsoft, but their battles are far from over as they still face a hearing over the Federal Trade Commission’s legal complaint, which is currently slated to take place in August of this year.
Microsoft and Activision Blizzard originally expected the transaction to be complete by June 30, 2023.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling