PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ Patch #19 Now Live On PC Test Servers
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ patch #19 has officially arrived on the test servers for PC and it comes with a number of new wrinkles.
Currently, Patch #19 does not yet have a release date on live servers.
Here is the full breakdown, including the video on the new Dynamic Weather feature:
- Bullet penetration system is now applied to arms and hands.
- When bullet hits the arm/hand of the character, it will penetrate following its ballistic curve.
- When a bullet penetrates a arm/hand and strikes a more vulnerable body part behind it, the greater damage will be applied. In other words, if a player’s arm/hand takes a bullet while blocking their head, the full headshot damage will be applied. This penetration system works for the head, torso, and waist only.
- If a bullet penetrates the arm/hand, but no vulnerable body part is behind it, only the arm/hand damage will be applied
- Arm/hand penetration is disabled for shotguns
- Bullet penetration is not applied to legs.
- When exiting vehicles while pressing the sprint key, sprint now remains engaged. This way you won’t have to release and press the button again to start sprinting.
- If a teammate disconnects, but is still alive in game, other teammates couldn’t see the game reward (result) screen after all other teammates died. Now players can check even if there are disconnected players in their team.
- If a disconnected teammate reconnects the game, and finishes the game with better result, teammates will receive any additional rewards earned by that player.
- To prevent abuse, other teammates cannot see the Deathcam until all players, including the disconnected player, have died.
- Loading screen, lobby theme, and lobby music have reverted back to normal.
- In-game PGI advertisements and team logo graffiti have been removed.
- Dropping items in stacks has been improved.
- Quantity can now be adjusted using a slider.
- Alt key + left mouse button immediately drops the full stack.
- Alt key + right mouse button now drops half the stack.
- Weapon attachment management when replacing items has been improved.
- Removed or replaced attachments will now drop onto the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- When attaching directly from loot, the replaced attachment will be dropped on the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- When replacing an extended magazine with a quickdraw magazine, the extended magazine and overflow ammunition will be dropped on the floor.
- When detaching an attachment by right-clicking, the attachment will be dropped on the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- Pressing Alt while right-clicking a weapon now detaches all attachments on that weapon.
- Attachments will be sent to the inventory or dropped on the floor if inventory is full.
- Players may now mute individual teammates.(ESC > Options > Team Management Tab)
- Colorblind settings have been improved.
- The following colours now change according to the selected colourblind type: scope and reticle colours, blood, supply crate smoke
- Markers placed on maps are now numbered, so color is not the only way to distinguish them.
- You can now place map markers without opening the map.
- Right-clicking while pressing the Alt key places a marker on the map at the aimed spot.
- Key bindings for this may be customized in the Options menu.
- Eliminated teammates can now place markers on the map.
- Equipped weapons HUD now shows slot numbers for improved readability.
- Kill feed now displays personal knock-outs.
- Sharpening option has been added to graphics settings.
- You may now enhance sharpness independently of post-processing options.
- Added an option to set a maximum frame rate
- Maximum lobby FPS: 30 / 60 / Unlimited
- Maximum in-game FPS: Unlimited + Smooth Off / Unlimited + Smooth On / Display Based / Custom
- Now you can move your mouse cursor to another monitor when the system menu, world map, or inventory is opened, if you use multi-monitors
- Dynamic weather has been added to Erangel and Miramar.
- Erangel: Overcast
- Miramar: Overcast, Sunset
- Overcast setting includes dynamic weather, and includes rain, fog, etc. during the game.
- Erangel has received some improvements.
- Small clusters of houses have been added to some areas of Erangel.
- More tactical landscapes have been added near the river in Erangel.
- Added trees in the open area surrounding the Sosnovka Military Base.
- Miramar now has more dirt roads for better vehicle effectiveness.
- Certain high-slope sections of roads have been lowered to enhance vehicle effectiveness on Miramar.
- Additional Custom Match presets have been added.
- 1 Normal Mode Setting: Early Access Setting
- Lvl 3 Helmets and clothing spawns in world.
- Item spawns are more scarce.
- Blue Zone damage is weaker.
- Jet skis do not spawn.
- 1 Esports Mode: Gamescom Invitational 2017 Setting
- Same as the Early Access Setting, but without the Red Zone and 1.5x AR spawn.
- When Overcast weather is selected when hosting a Custom Match, the following dynamic weather settings may be adjusted in the Advanced options: WeatherChange StartTime Min, WeatherChange StartTime Max, WeatherChange Duration Min, WeatherChange Duration Max, No Change Weight, Change to Rain Weight, Change to Fog Weight
- Custom Match sessions are now listed in order of the number of players joined, instead of time created.
- When creating eSports mode, redzone option is fixed to ‘off’
- When you create a custom match, you must fill in the game title to proceed further
- Improved frame rate by optimizing weapons not currently held in hand.
- Level streaming has been enhanced to increase performance.
- Smoke and flames from vehicles have been optimized to improve frame rate.
- Fixed an issue where frame rate hitches would occur when environment effects were created.
- Server performance has been improved by adjusting the replication rate.
- Previously, replication for all visible characters in sight was refreshed every frame. Now, replication rate differs according to distance from the player.
- Network code has been adjusted to slightly increase server performance.
- Lessened the discrepancy between the aim of the spectated player and the moving target being shot at.
- Fixed an issue where War Mode/esports mode replays were not saved successfully
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Decreased the volume of vehicle sounds for players inside vehicles in FPP mode
- Fixed an issue where destroying doors with grenades or Molotovs did not display debris.
- Fixed an issue where some free-falling characters appeared to be locked in default free-fall animation.
- Fixed an issue where pausing in replay did not pause the sounds.
- Fixed an issue where a frying pan and a firearm could be held at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where the breath gauge did not appear in killer spectating, death cam, or replay.
- Fixed an issue where spectating in FPP showed inaccurate character locations.
- Fixed an issue where a player that had been disconnected and reconnected could voice chat with the player he/she is spectating through killer spectating, if his/her team was eliminated while the player was disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where leaning was possible while in an emote animation.
- Fixed an issue where two players moving in a small space could sometimes get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where the reporting screen message in spectator mode was displayed in English only
Microsoft Unveils Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit
Xbox has officially unveiled the Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit which is aimed to help creators reduce energy consumption and measure carbon emissions during game development processes.
The Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit includes resources that include:
- Power Monitor tools
- Certification reports
- Power consumption dashboards
- Best practices
Ubisoft and 343 Industries were named as early users of the Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit with 343 Industries able to reduce energy use by 15% without impacting the player experience at all.
Ubisoft and Xbox are co-developing an energy-efficient eco-mode for users.
You can check out the full report right here.
Epic Games Store Hits $820 Million in Player Spending During 2022
Epic Games has officially released financial data related to it’s growing marketplace on PC, showing that $820 million was spent on the Epic Games Store during the 2022 year, and promised support for third-party subscription services and new ‘content hubs’ to help companies promote their titles.
According to the data:
- Total users of Epic Games Store PC: 230 million (up 19% year-on-year)
- Epic cross-platform accounts: 732 million
- Daily active users peak: 34.3 million
- Monthly active users: 68 million (up 10%)
- Total spending, incl. Epic’s games: $820 million (down 2%)
- Spending on third-party games: $355 million (up 18%)
- Free games claimed: 700 million
- Number of new PC releases: 626
- Total library of PC games: 1,548 (up 68%)
Epic Games stated on it’s blog that more PC games launched during the 2022 year than in any year prior.
Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto 5, Rocket League, Genshin Impact, and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands were among the most popular titles related to player engagement and player spending, and Epic Games looks to deepen their focus in 2023 as they aim to improve the store launcher’s performance.
Epic Games also aims to add support for subscription services from third-party publishers and live service products by the end of the 2023 year, adding that they are also working on ‘content hubs’ which will be separate from product pages and will enable publishers to “share information with users in a robust editorial format.”
California Judge Dismisses Gamers Lawsuit Filed Against Microsoft
A federal judge in San Francisco has ruled that the group of 10 plaintiffs “[lacked] allegations” in their lawsuit filed last year that claimed Microsoft’s ownerships of Activision Blizzard would harm consumers and competition in the video games market, according to a filing shared by Reuters.
While US District Judge Jacqueline Corley dismissed the case, she also gave the plaintiffs 20 days to refine their lawsuit and resubmit it, and the group’s lawyer, Joseph Saveri, said that there are plans to officially submit an amended lawsuit with “additional factual detail” that will address the judge’s concerns.
It marks a victory for Microsoft, but their battles are far from over as they still face a hearing over the Federal Trade Commission’s legal complaint, which is currently slated to take place in August of this year.
Microsoft and Activision Blizzard originally expected the transaction to be complete by June 30, 2023.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling