Bungie has launched a brand new patch for Destiny 2 in their continued battle to win back the trust of current gamers and attempt to bring back old gamers who have abandoned the title due to a number of issues.
Check out all the details concerning the new Destiny 2 update below via Bungie:
Nightfall Strike Scoring
- Both normal and Prestige Nightfall now have scoring
- Enemy kills and orb generation will accrue points
- Highest set scores will display on each Nightfall’s respective emblem
- Scores above a target value will enable the Nightfall Aura and a fireteam Vanguard Token bonus
- Total team score will be displayed at the end of the Nightfall in the PGCR
- The Prestige Nightfall challenge card allows players to select modifiers for the Prestige Nightfall that affect gameplay and score multipliers
- Players can select active Elemental modifiers to boost outgoing and incoming damage
- Players can opt into using a power handicap that will lower their character power level in the Prestige Nightfall but raise the score multiplier
- Extinguish is always on when applying the Nightfall Challenge Card. If the full fireteam wipes in a respawning restricted area, the fireteam will be returned to orbit
- Cards cannot be modified once the activity has been launched
- These cards will drop for DLC owners in the normal or Prestige Nightfall
- The fireteam leader’s card is applied to the entire fireteam when launching the Prestige Nightfall
- Crucible Emblems
- Victorious Veteran tracks your lifetime Crucible kills and how many of each class you’ve defeated
- Victorious Veteran has six variants: the first three variants are class specific, the last three are unlocked after defeating 1000 of that class in PVP
- This emblem can be purchased from Shaxx after opening 10 faction packages
- Destination Emblems
- Lost Sector Emblems have been changed into Destination Emblems that track Lost Sectors Found, Region Chests Opened, and Ghost Scans Discovered
- Note: Mercury only tracks Lost Sectors and Region Chests
- Each Destination Emblem has four variants in addition to the default emblem
- Each variant has a chance to drop from chests in the destination
- For players who did not have the respective Lost Sector emblems, they may purchase the new destination emblems from the respective vendors after opening 10 faction packages
- Nightfall Emblems
- New Nightfall Emblems exist for each individual Nightfall strike and track your high score in that strike
- Each Nightfall Emblem has 3 variants in addition to the default emblem, these variants have a chance to drop when you hit a certain score tier and complete the Nightfall
- Raid Emblem “Glory To The Emperor” tracks total Leviathan clears on Prestige difficulty and unlocks the orange Prestige Raid Aura if you’ve completed a Prestige
- difficulty raid activity in the last 14 days
- Trials Emblem “You Are Worthy” tracks number of flawless tickets and unlocks the blue Trials Aura if you’ve gone flawless in the last 14 days
- Nightfall Emblems awarded from completing each Nightfall strike track your high score in the respective Nightfall and unlock an aura if your high score in that strike is higher than a global target score
- Opt-in Text Chat for PC is now available in Social Spaces and Public Areas
- Fireteam members now appear on Destination Map
- Damage Reduction granted by Armor Masterworks while a Super ability is active has been increased from 3% to 5% per armor piece
- Fixed an issue where Ammo Masterworks could decrease the maximum ammo capacity of a weapon
- Fixed an issue where some players would have irretrievable items within the Postmaster
- The Eater of Worlds Raid Lair will now grant Faction Tokens during Faction Rallies events
- The Seeker of Brilliance and Seeker of Opulence perks on the Contender Ghost Shell may now trigger during the Crossing encounter of the Eater of Worlds Raid Lair
- Fixed an issue in Trials of the Nine where players could receive erroneous losses if the opposing team left before match start
- Fixed an issue where players could encounter BAT errors when joining a Mercury Adventure
- Fixed an issue where players were placed facing the wrong direction after dunking an item during public events
- Fixed an issue where the Phoenix Dive Warlock Ability could be used to get out of the intended playspace
- Helm of Saint-14 no longer affects allies when guarding with the Sentinel Shield Super
- The Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Exotic now properly has three stat points
- Projectiles from the Colony Exotic Grenade Launcher properly track enemies on PC when frame rate is set higher than 30 FPS
Gamactica Women Relaunches with New Vision
Today, Gamactica announced the official relaunch of Gamactica Women, which was one of the first sections added to the social media platform, alongside the Stream Directory.
With a new vision, new direction, and new purpose, Gamactica Women is looking to do something positive and impactful across the gaming and streaming industries. And while it will be similar to other directories on Gamactica, it will also serve as something much more.
According to the official announcement posted on Wednesday morning (via Portals): “Today, I would like to introduce you to Eclipse, which is a section dedicated to creators who create content in mediums such as film, fan films, performances, stand up comedy, and more. With our powerful marketing structure, and our community of creators who create diverse content across a number of platforms, our mission is to create a space for fan film content creators, indie film creators, and extended content creators that want to build visibility, improve networking, and build more connections within the content creation industry.
Much like our Content Creator Directory (aka the Stream Directory) we will be providing visitors direct access to content creators of this niche within the Gamactica platform, including previews of their work.
While we will be working with creators who make content in all genres, we will be really pushing the horror genre hard, due to our partnership with horror news website Fright Nerd, and the Fright Nerd Podcast which will be making it’s return soon. Through this partnership we will be able to expand on our benefits with exclusive interviews, trailer releases, and more via the Fright Nerd website.”
Gamactica Women is LIVE and accepting applications!
Gamactica Unveils New Directory for Military Streamers, Military Content Creators, More
On Monday, social media platform Gamactica officially announced the launch of a brand new directory and resource hub exclusively geared for Military streamers, content creators, gamers and more!
Gamactica Military will combine the power of the social media platform and their award winning internet marketing structure to provide additional exposure and visibility to active duty and veterans who are working in content creation, advocacy, gaming, esports, and more.
The section will also serve as a resource hub to improve connectivity and networking between different sectors of the industries, specific to those in the military.
“Similar to the Content Creator Directory/Stream Directory, the Military section will be a directory for Military streamers, gamers, Military content creators, as well as brands, stream teams, gaming groups, advocacy groups, non profits, charities and more. It is open to both active duty and veterans” the official announcement stated (according to Portals).
“It is important that, as our platform grows, we continue to evolve and also introduce meaningful sections that can positively impact the industry. Powered by our platform, and our award-winning marketing structure, It is my hope that this better connects the community, and helps create more visibility, more support, and better connectivity for active duty and military creators and brands.”
Check out the new section right here
NAVI Releasing Documentary on s1mple
NAVI is getting set to release a documentary that will follow s1mple’s life and explore his “ups and downs” as one of the most recognizable esports players with insight from former and current teammates, his family, commentators, analysts, and “many others” from the industry.
“I remember the time when we just signed a contract in 2016,” NAVI CEO Yevhen Zolotarov said in an official press release. “Honestly, now it’s hard to believe that it was already five years ago. For the esports industry, five years is quite a long period of time.”
“S1mple is a legend not only for NAVI but for esports in general,” co-founder and CEO of DMarket Vlad Panchenko said. “Therefore, the items that will be dropping during the NAVI watch party stream are also legendary and unique.”
DMarket has created a “unique drop-game” with exclusive items dedicated to s1mple to coincide with the release of the doc, and Natus Vincerewill be premiering a documentary about him on Twitch next month, to celebrate his fifth year with the brand.
Additionally, a NAVI watch party is also set for the doc, set to air on one of their upcoming twitch streams set to take place on September 8th at 11am CT.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News4 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile4 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling