The new update brings Miramar improvements, a map selection option, balancing adjustments, new weapons, new vehicles, new attachments, and more.
PUBG’s new menu UI option enables players to choose either a single map or multiple maps which will then be randomly selected from during matchmaking. Keep in mind that only Miramar and Erangel are currently available.
The new weapon is the new SLR, which boasts more power than the SKS but with far more recoil.
Among the weapon attachments are the Duckbill, Light Grip, Thumb Grip, Half Grip, Scope 3x, and Scope 6x.
You can also find a classic four-seat muscle car called ‘The Mirado’, exclusively on Miramar, that claims to provide “the fastest way to blaze down a highway”.
Additionally, significant balance adjustments across a large number of items and weapons in-game are being rolled out, along with a reduction in cover points in dense city and town areas, while adding better cover opportunities in open areas.
Here is everything detailed in the patch notes:
- ARs – rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- SMGs – adjusted them to be more effective in short range combat
- Shotguns – increased overall damage and effective range
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread by 25%
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs
- Added new recoil animations for all ARs
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- Decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Other guns
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
- Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
- Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving
- Frag grenades
- Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
- Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
- Weight changes (all throwables)
- Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
- Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
- Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
- Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12
- We’ve slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received
Other Item Balance
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
Along with all the balance changes, we’re introducing a new weapon, a new vehicle for Miramar, and a ton of new weapon attachments.
Added the SLR
- The SLR will be spawned alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.)
- The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.
The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets
Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.
- Duckbill – A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip – It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Thumb Grip – It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip – It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x – This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x – This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
You can now change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope using the scope zeroing keys (Page Up/Page Down by default).
Boat and Swimming Adjustments
- Boats now sink when destroyed
- We’ve made some adjustments to the way swimming works to reduce the effectiveness of hiding underwater.
- We’ve decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
- Once you’ve run out of air, you’ll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
- We’ve increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it’ll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)
Map selection is now available.
- Pick just one map (Erangel or Miramar) on its own to guarantee you’ll play there
- If you select multiple maps, the game will randomly drop you into one of the selected maps
- As we discussed in the map selection announcement dev blog, we may revisit the design of this feature as additional maps are added. We’ll keep you updated if changes are made.
We’ve also Improved the UI for team mode and perspective selection. As before, only the host can select these options.
- We’ve added an option to adjust vertical mouse sensitivity
- We’ve added an option to change the hotkey for reporting a player during killer spectating (R key)
We’ve made more improvements to Miramar:
- We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
- We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
- We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
- We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
- We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces.
- The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified
- We reduced some overly-dramatic collision effects (read: space shuttle takeoffs) that occurred when the motorbike crashed into other vehicles
- We fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from hopping off of the motorbike after it had fallen down
- When players move and shoot at the same time, bullet shells should now fall to the ground and remain there, instead of chasing the player like hella scary demon bullets
- The timer for the final bluezone should now display correctly
- We fixed an issue that was muting the bluezone’s sound effects for player who left and rejoined a game
- We resolved an issue that sometimes allowed you to adjust your camera to see through the ceilings of the school on Erangel
- Certain problematic terrain elements (which caused weird collisions or movement) on Erangel and Miramar have been fixed
- We’ve fixed some abnormal orange lighting effects in buildings on Erangel
- We’ve resolved some strange collision problems that were affecting character models and bullet cartridges
- Walking on wooden structures will no longer create bizarre or out-of-place footstep noises
- Prone characters should no longer improperly clip into the ground.
- We’ve resolved an issue that sometimes limited movement after using emotes and the quantity popup window at the same time.
- Text on a UMP skin from the Equinox crate labelled the gun as 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Thanks to the power of memes, this has now been fixed.
- Weapon ammo is now counted as “loaded” when the magazine or bullet is inserted into the weapon, rather than when the animation finishes
Gamactica Women Relaunches with New Vision
Today, Gamactica announced the official relaunch of Gamactica Women, which was one of the first sections added to the social media platform, alongside the Stream Directory.
With a new vision, new direction, and new purpose, Gamactica Women is looking to do something positive and impactful across the gaming and streaming industries. And while it will be similar to other directories on Gamactica, it will also serve as something much more.
According to the official announcement posted on Wednesday morning (via Portals): “Today, I would like to introduce you to Eclipse, which is a section dedicated to creators who create content in mediums such as film, fan films, performances, stand up comedy, and more. With our powerful marketing structure, and our community of creators who create diverse content across a number of platforms, our mission is to create a space for fan film content creators, indie film creators, and extended content creators that want to build visibility, improve networking, and build more connections within the content creation industry.
Much like our Content Creator Directory (aka the Stream Directory) we will be providing visitors direct access to content creators of this niche within the Gamactica platform, including previews of their work.
While we will be working with creators who make content in all genres, we will be really pushing the horror genre hard, due to our partnership with horror news website Fright Nerd, and the Fright Nerd Podcast which will be making it’s return soon. Through this partnership we will be able to expand on our benefits with exclusive interviews, trailer releases, and more via the Fright Nerd website.”
Gamactica Women is LIVE and accepting applications!
Gamactica Unveils New Directory for Military Streamers, Military Content Creators, More
On Monday, social media platform Gamactica officially announced the launch of a brand new directory and resource hub exclusively geared for Military streamers, content creators, gamers and more!
Gamactica Military will combine the power of the social media platform and their award winning internet marketing structure to provide additional exposure and visibility to active duty and veterans who are working in content creation, advocacy, gaming, esports, and more.
The section will also serve as a resource hub to improve connectivity and networking between different sectors of the industries, specific to those in the military.
“Similar to the Content Creator Directory/Stream Directory, the Military section will be a directory for Military streamers, gamers, Military content creators, as well as brands, stream teams, gaming groups, advocacy groups, non profits, charities and more. It is open to both active duty and veterans” the official announcement stated (according to Portals).
“It is important that, as our platform grows, we continue to evolve and also introduce meaningful sections that can positively impact the industry. Powered by our platform, and our award-winning marketing structure, It is my hope that this better connects the community, and helps create more visibility, more support, and better connectivity for active duty and military creators and brands.”
Check out the new section right here
NAVI Releasing Documentary on s1mple
NAVI is getting set to release a documentary that will follow s1mple’s life and explore his “ups and downs” as one of the most recognizable esports players with insight from former and current teammates, his family, commentators, analysts, and “many others” from the industry.
“I remember the time when we just signed a contract in 2016,” NAVI CEO Yevhen Zolotarov said in an official press release. “Honestly, now it’s hard to believe that it was already five years ago. For the esports industry, five years is quite a long period of time.”
“S1mple is a legend not only for NAVI but for esports in general,” co-founder and CEO of DMarket Vlad Panchenko said. “Therefore, the items that will be dropping during the NAVI watch party stream are also legendary and unique.”
DMarket has created a “unique drop-game” with exclusive items dedicated to s1mple to coincide with the release of the doc, and Natus Vincerewill be premiering a documentary about him on Twitch next month, to celebrate his fifth year with the brand.
Additionally, a NAVI watch party is also set for the doc, set to air on one of their upcoming twitch streams set to take place on September 8th at 11am CT.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News4 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile4 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling