New Fortnite Update Comes With New Minigun, Fixes Bugs
A new update from Fortnite is introducing a new minigun and also addressing some bugs after a period of server downtime, and has hit PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The biggest takeaway from this update is the new minigun weapon for Battle Royale which can be found in both supply drops and chests and utilizes light ammo. According to Epic Games, it fires at “almost” the same speed as the SMG.
Epic Games stated that “some” console players are experiencing an issue with resolution and took to Twitter to say that “fixing this is a priority for us and we will let you know when we are ready to deploy a fix,”
Epic has promised to make it up to gamers for the long server downtime by offering freebies, which won’t be released until after 2.4.0 rolls out completely.
Epic also introduced the Cozy Campfire addition to Save the World.
More details regarding the update can be found in the Epic Games patch notes, which you can see here:
- Fixed an issue that was causing resolution problems
- In-game UI was appearing stretched
- Fixed an issue where some users would get unnecessarily long queue times while logging into the game.
- Fixed an issue where some users would have to wait in line additional time after their queue timer completed.
- Found in Chests and Supply drops
- Fires almost as quickly as SMG
- Uses Light ammo
- Suppressed Pistol
- Reduced drop chances of Epic variant by 20%.
- Reduced drop chances of Legendary variant by 33%.
- Added “Controller Auto Run” option.
- This enables/disables the auto run feature on controllers.
- Auto run, which was introduced in v2.3.0, is enabled by double clicking the left thumb stick on controllers.
- Fixed a few landscape areas that were barely below floor height before.
- This sometimes caused the majority of a structure to appear underground.
- Players can now shoot through the Soccer goal.
- Added “3D Resolution” slider to Video options on PC and Mac.
- This new preference allows you to set the resolution of the 3D world, without affecting the user interface.
- The range goes between 640×360 and your selected Display Resolution. Using a lower 3D Resolution may greatly improve frame rate.
- When selecting an overall Quality option, an appropriate 3D Resolution will be chosen automatically.
- Fixed a client crash that would get triggered by an audio cue.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from unmuting other players in the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect character model to display on the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing entire walls to highlight when looking at a door.
- Fixed client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game.
- Made engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events.
- Reduced network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still
Added spectator count UI to the HUD. This appears in game as a small eye in the lower left corner when there are active spectators. Better off not knowing? There is also an option to disable the feature under game options labeled “Show Spectator Count”.
Removed an unnecessary button prompt on the left side of the news widget.
Added a border highlight around item shop tiles when selecting them on consoles.
Fixed an issue allowing the old trap picker radial menu to open. This radial menu is no longer used for selecting traps.
Fixed an issue causing weapon icons to not display properly on the hotbar in some cases.
Fixed a few spots on the map and minimap that were rendered as black spots.
Fixed the floor under the hero not showing up when previewing emotes in the locker or item shop
Fixed emotes being offset if they were viewed in succession.
- Optimized the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance.
- Colors may look slightly different.
Corrected the drinking speed animation for the 15-second Chug Jug item.
Improved spatialization of loot chest audio by increasing the audio volume if you’re aiming at them.
Removed the static audio from living room televisions.
Fixed a directional audio issue when another player switches to a shotgun.
Removed footstep audio from dance emotes.
Fixed the missing collision on a window asset in Tilted Towers.
Fixed the landscape appearing jagged at medium-range distances.
Fixed flickering artifacts that are sometimes seen on the rivers while riding the Battle Bus.
Fixed an issue causing two items to spawn in the same location near Lonely Lodge.
- Fixed some seams in the terrain south of Anarchy Acres.
- Disabled the collision on the vines in Moisty Mire.
- Incorrect building piece can be highlighted when quickly entering build mode and swapping building pieces
- Mac clients are unable to see sniper or scoped AR scope reticle
- Using Cozy Campfire in the pre-game lobby appears to give full shields above player health bar after exiting bus
- In-game team player names aren’t appearing while spectating
- PS4 Resolution is significantly lower than it has been in the past.
- Chests occasionally have no loot in them
- Sometimes the first weapon found cannot be equipped
- Players will receive quests for “Blitz Mode” LTM
- This mode is not currently available
- We are working to remove this from available quests
- You cannot open the pause menu if you go into the DBNO state while in build mode.
SAVE THE WORLD
More options are available when interacting with items in the Hero Squad, Survivor Squads, and Armory. Schematics and people can be directly added to the Collection Book now!
- All allied players and Defenders in a 3×3 tile area around the Campfire are healed over time. Lasts until the fire has consumed its Durability. The Cozy Campfire trap schematic is available through the Event Store.
Two New Expedition Types
People Runs: A free to run expedition that lets you gather a small amount of People (resource).
Trap Runs: These expeditions will let you gather traps through expeditions.
Balancing changes on some existing expeditions.
Improved rewards, with slightly lower power costs.
- We’re continuing to iterate to make this better! Please tell us what you think!
The Anti-Material Charge hitbox will more reliably hit enemies in front of the Outlander on startup.
Fixed the healing visual effects not properly being removed when a player is healed from BASE M.D.
Additionally, the healing effect is now periodic instead of being applied as soon as you touch the affected BASE.
Husks from encampments will no longer spawn under the terrain.
Fixed problems working with the in-zone transfer UI for severely overflowed Storm Shield storage.
Please note: In a near future release, it will not be possible to claim expedition rewards while Storm Shield storage is overflowed. Respecting the storage limit is important to protecting player items.
Updated the frag grenade tooltip to reflect the recent changes to Keep Out and Cluster Bomb.
Cluster Bomb: Releases 6 cluster explosions around the impact site that will each do 25% of the original damage.
Keep Out!: Leaves a residual energy field, doing 15% of the initial grenade blast damage every 1 second, over 10 seconds.
Update the Cardio Feedback perk tooltip to properly display the base healing amount of 15 instead of 13.
Fixed many incorrect tooltips
Removed a few llamas from the store rotation: Double Llama, Fiver Llama, Six Pack Llama, Niner Llama.
The 3, 7 and 10 versions of this Llama still exist. This was done to focus on a smaller number of variants of this llama type.
Rebalanced the amount of starting ammunition for ranged weapons when picked up in the world.
- Legendary Hero Transformation Key has Defender Key image and description
- Hero and Defender art does not show when inspecting them from the armory
- Players are sometimes unable to select card choice when opening an Upgrade Llama.
- Items in the collection book cannot be evolved after leaving a zone.
- When inspecting an item located in the players inventory the display image may not appear properly.
- Dropped items may appear invisible to players, this is rare and the item can still be picked up.
- Teammate Player Icons are not shown on fullscreen map
- Hitching occurs during the in-zone day changing
- The ability to edit placed structures may become locked
- Chest loot speed is slower than normal
- Tactical perk china shop does not scale damage for higher theaters
- Inspecting a slotted survivor or defender on the Squads tab causes their portrait to persist in the background
- Show backpack setting does not change when toggled
- Playstation Trophy is not awarded in Save the World
- Defender is summoned with previously equipped weapon on second Defender Pad
- Name sorting does not apply to all items in schematic inventory
- BluGlo counter not working when in teams
- Station wagon cars are missing health bars and weak points
Microsoft Unveils Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit
Xbox has officially unveiled the Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit which is aimed to help creators reduce energy consumption and measure carbon emissions during game development processes.
The Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit includes resources that include:
- Power Monitor tools
- Certification reports
- Power consumption dashboards
- Best practices
Ubisoft and 343 Industries were named as early users of the Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit with 343 Industries able to reduce energy use by 15% without impacting the player experience at all.
Ubisoft and Xbox are co-developing an energy-efficient eco-mode for users.
You can check out the full report right here.
Epic Games Store Hits $820 Million in Player Spending During 2022
Epic Games has officially released financial data related to it’s growing marketplace on PC, showing that $820 million was spent on the Epic Games Store during the 2022 year, and promised support for third-party subscription services and new ‘content hubs’ to help companies promote their titles.
According to the data:
- Total users of Epic Games Store PC: 230 million (up 19% year-on-year)
- Epic cross-platform accounts: 732 million
- Daily active users peak: 34.3 million
- Monthly active users: 68 million (up 10%)
- Total spending, incl. Epic’s games: $820 million (down 2%)
- Spending on third-party games: $355 million (up 18%)
- Free games claimed: 700 million
- Number of new PC releases: 626
- Total library of PC games: 1,548 (up 68%)
Epic Games stated on it’s blog that more PC games launched during the 2022 year than in any year prior.
Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto 5, Rocket League, Genshin Impact, and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands were among the most popular titles related to player engagement and player spending, and Epic Games looks to deepen their focus in 2023 as they aim to improve the store launcher’s performance.
Epic Games also aims to add support for subscription services from third-party publishers and live service products by the end of the 2023 year, adding that they are also working on ‘content hubs’ which will be separate from product pages and will enable publishers to “share information with users in a robust editorial format.”
California Judge Dismisses Gamers Lawsuit Filed Against Microsoft
A federal judge in San Francisco has ruled that the group of 10 plaintiffs “[lacked] allegations” in their lawsuit filed last year that claimed Microsoft’s ownerships of Activision Blizzard would harm consumers and competition in the video games market, according to a filing shared by Reuters.
While US District Judge Jacqueline Corley dismissed the case, she also gave the plaintiffs 20 days to refine their lawsuit and resubmit it, and the group’s lawyer, Joseph Saveri, said that there are plans to officially submit an amended lawsuit with “additional factual detail” that will address the judge’s concerns.
It marks a victory for Microsoft, but their battles are far from over as they still face a hearing over the Federal Trade Commission’s legal complaint, which is currently slated to take place in August of this year.
Microsoft and Activision Blizzard originally expected the transaction to be complete by June 30, 2023.
News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling