The biggest takeaway from this update is the new minigun weapon for Battle Royale which can be found in both supply drops and chests and utilizes light ammo. According to Epic Games, it fires at “almost” the same speed as the SMG.
Epic Games stated that “some” console players are experiencing an issue with resolution and took to Twitter to say that “fixing this is a priority for us and we will let you know when we are ready to deploy a fix,”
Epic has promised to make it up to gamers for the long server downtime by offering freebies, which won’t be released until after 2.4.0 rolls out completely.
Epic also introduced the Cozy Campfire addition to Save the World.
More details regarding the update can be found in the Epic Games patch notes, which you can see here:
- Fixed an issue that was causing resolution problems
- In-game UI was appearing stretched
- Fixed an issue where some users would get unnecessarily long queue times while logging into the game.
- Fixed an issue where some users would have to wait in line additional time after their queue timer completed.
- Found in Chests and Supply drops
- Fires almost as quickly as SMG
- Uses Light ammo
- Suppressed Pistol
- Reduced drop chances of Epic variant by 20%.
- Reduced drop chances of Legendary variant by 33%.
- Added “Controller Auto Run” option.
- This enables/disables the auto run feature on controllers.
- Auto run, which was introduced in v2.3.0, is enabled by double clicking the left thumb stick on controllers.
- Fixed a few landscape areas that were barely below floor height before.
- This sometimes caused the majority of a structure to appear underground.
- Players can now shoot through the Soccer goal.
- Added “3D Resolution” slider to Video options on PC and Mac.
- This new preference allows you to set the resolution of the 3D world, without affecting the user interface.
- The range goes between 640×360 and your selected Display Resolution. Using a lower 3D Resolution may greatly improve frame rate.
- When selecting an overall Quality option, an appropriate 3D Resolution will be chosen automatically.
- Fixed a client crash that would get triggered by an audio cue.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from unmuting other players in the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect character model to display on the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing entire walls to highlight when looking at a door.
- Fixed client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game.
- Made engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events.
- Reduced network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still
Added spectator count UI to the HUD. This appears in game as a small eye in the lower left corner when there are active spectators. Better off not knowing? There is also an option to disable the feature under game options labeled “Show Spectator Count”.
Removed an unnecessary button prompt on the left side of the news widget.
Added a border highlight around item shop tiles when selecting them on consoles.
Fixed an issue allowing the old trap picker radial menu to open. This radial menu is no longer used for selecting traps.
Fixed an issue causing weapon icons to not display properly on the hotbar in some cases.
Fixed a few spots on the map and minimap that were rendered as black spots.
Fixed the floor under the hero not showing up when previewing emotes in the locker or item shop
Fixed emotes being offset if they were viewed in succession.
- Optimized the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance.
- Colors may look slightly different.
Corrected the drinking speed animation for the 15-second Chug Jug item.
Improved spatialization of loot chest audio by increasing the audio volume if you’re aiming at them.
Removed the static audio from living room televisions.
Fixed a directional audio issue when another player switches to a shotgun.
Removed footstep audio from dance emotes.
Fixed the missing collision on a window asset in Tilted Towers.
Fixed the landscape appearing jagged at medium-range distances.
Fixed flickering artifacts that are sometimes seen on the rivers while riding the Battle Bus.
Fixed an issue causing two items to spawn in the same location near Lonely Lodge.
- Fixed some seams in the terrain south of Anarchy Acres.
- Disabled the collision on the vines in Moisty Mire.
- Incorrect building piece can be highlighted when quickly entering build mode and swapping building pieces
- Mac clients are unable to see sniper or scoped AR scope reticle
- Using Cozy Campfire in the pre-game lobby appears to give full shields above player health bar after exiting bus
- In-game team player names aren’t appearing while spectating
- PS4 Resolution is significantly lower than it has been in the past.
- Chests occasionally have no loot in them
- Sometimes the first weapon found cannot be equipped
- Players will receive quests for “Blitz Mode” LTM
- This mode is not currently available
- We are working to remove this from available quests
- You cannot open the pause menu if you go into the DBNO state while in build mode.
SAVE THE WORLD
More options are available when interacting with items in the Hero Squad, Survivor Squads, and Armory. Schematics and people can be directly added to the Collection Book now!
- All allied players and Defenders in a 3×3 tile area around the Campfire are healed over time. Lasts until the fire has consumed its Durability. The Cozy Campfire trap schematic is available through the Event Store.
Two New Expedition Types
People Runs: A free to run expedition that lets you gather a small amount of People (resource).
Trap Runs: These expeditions will let you gather traps through expeditions.
Balancing changes on some existing expeditions.
Improved rewards, with slightly lower power costs.
- We’re continuing to iterate to make this better! Please tell us what you think!
The Anti-Material Charge hitbox will more reliably hit enemies in front of the Outlander on startup.
Fixed the healing visual effects not properly being removed when a player is healed from BASE M.D.
Additionally, the healing effect is now periodic instead of being applied as soon as you touch the affected BASE.
Husks from encampments will no longer spawn under the terrain.
Fixed problems working with the in-zone transfer UI for severely overflowed Storm Shield storage.
Please note: In a near future release, it will not be possible to claim expedition rewards while Storm Shield storage is overflowed. Respecting the storage limit is important to protecting player items.
Updated the frag grenade tooltip to reflect the recent changes to Keep Out and Cluster Bomb.
Cluster Bomb: Releases 6 cluster explosions around the impact site that will each do 25% of the original damage.
Keep Out!: Leaves a residual energy field, doing 15% of the initial grenade blast damage every 1 second, over 10 seconds.
Update the Cardio Feedback perk tooltip to properly display the base healing amount of 15 instead of 13.
Fixed many incorrect tooltips
Removed a few llamas from the store rotation: Double Llama, Fiver Llama, Six Pack Llama, Niner Llama.
The 3, 7 and 10 versions of this Llama still exist. This was done to focus on a smaller number of variants of this llama type.
Rebalanced the amount of starting ammunition for ranged weapons when picked up in the world.
- Legendary Hero Transformation Key has Defender Key image and description
- Hero and Defender art does not show when inspecting them from the armory
- Players are sometimes unable to select card choice when opening an Upgrade Llama.
- Items in the collection book cannot be evolved after leaving a zone.
- When inspecting an item located in the players inventory the display image may not appear properly.
- Dropped items may appear invisible to players, this is rare and the item can still be picked up.
- Teammate Player Icons are not shown on fullscreen map
- Hitching occurs during the in-zone day changing
- The ability to edit placed structures may become locked
- Chest loot speed is slower than normal
- Tactical perk china shop does not scale damage for higher theaters
- Inspecting a slotted survivor or defender on the Squads tab causes their portrait to persist in the background
- Show backpack setting does not change when toggled
- Playstation Trophy is not awarded in Save the World
- Defender is summoned with previously equipped weapon on second Defender Pad
- Name sorting does not apply to all items in schematic inventory
- BluGlo counter not working when in teams
- Station wagon cars are missing health bars and weak points
Gamactica Women Relaunches with New Vision
Today, Gamactica announced the official relaunch of Gamactica Women, which was one of the first sections added to the social media platform, alongside the Stream Directory.
With a new vision, new direction, and new purpose, Gamactica Women is looking to do something positive and impactful across the gaming and streaming industries. And while it will be similar to other directories on Gamactica, it will also serve as something much more.
According to the official announcement posted on Wednesday morning (via Portals): “Today, I would like to introduce you to Eclipse, which is a section dedicated to creators who create content in mediums such as film, fan films, performances, stand up comedy, and more. With our powerful marketing structure, and our community of creators who create diverse content across a number of platforms, our mission is to create a space for fan film content creators, indie film creators, and extended content creators that want to build visibility, improve networking, and build more connections within the content creation industry.
Much like our Content Creator Directory (aka the Stream Directory) we will be providing visitors direct access to content creators of this niche within the Gamactica platform, including previews of their work.
While we will be working with creators who make content in all genres, we will be really pushing the horror genre hard, due to our partnership with horror news website Fright Nerd, and the Fright Nerd Podcast which will be making it’s return soon. Through this partnership we will be able to expand on our benefits with exclusive interviews, trailer releases, and more via the Fright Nerd website.”
Gamactica Women is LIVE and accepting applications!
Gamactica Unveils New Directory for Military Streamers, Military Content Creators, More
On Monday, social media platform Gamactica officially announced the launch of a brand new directory and resource hub exclusively geared for Military streamers, content creators, gamers and more!
Gamactica Military will combine the power of the social media platform and their award winning internet marketing structure to provide additional exposure and visibility to active duty and veterans who are working in content creation, advocacy, gaming, esports, and more.
The section will also serve as a resource hub to improve connectivity and networking between different sectors of the industries, specific to those in the military.
“Similar to the Content Creator Directory/Stream Directory, the Military section will be a directory for Military streamers, gamers, Military content creators, as well as brands, stream teams, gaming groups, advocacy groups, non profits, charities and more. It is open to both active duty and veterans” the official announcement stated (according to Portals).
“It is important that, as our platform grows, we continue to evolve and also introduce meaningful sections that can positively impact the industry. Powered by our platform, and our award-winning marketing structure, It is my hope that this better connects the community, and helps create more visibility, more support, and better connectivity for active duty and military creators and brands.”
Check out the new section right here
NAVI Releasing Documentary on s1mple
NAVI is getting set to release a documentary that will follow s1mple’s life and explore his “ups and downs” as one of the most recognizable esports players with insight from former and current teammates, his family, commentators, analysts, and “many others” from the industry.
“I remember the time when we just signed a contract in 2016,” NAVI CEO Yevhen Zolotarov said in an official press release. “Honestly, now it’s hard to believe that it was already five years ago. For the esports industry, five years is quite a long period of time.”
“S1mple is a legend not only for NAVI but for esports in general,” co-founder and CEO of DMarket Vlad Panchenko said. “Therefore, the items that will be dropping during the NAVI watch party stream are also legendary and unique.”
DMarket has created a “unique drop-game” with exclusive items dedicated to s1mple to coincide with the release of the doc, and Natus Vincerewill be premiering a documentary about him on Twitch next month, to celebrate his fifth year with the brand.
Additionally, a NAVI watch party is also set for the doc, set to air on one of their upcoming twitch streams set to take place on September 8th at 11am CT.
News3 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
Featured1 year ago
Gamactican ‘Madskadie’ Reaches Twitch Partner
News3 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News3 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News3 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News3 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News3 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters