- Increased Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increased damage against Taken and invaders
- Increased base Wish-Ender damage
- Fixed an issue where Wish-Ender’s Broadhead perk would not activate properly, which would result in a loss of damage
- Wish-Ender’s Queen’s Wrath perk effects are now more readable and consistent
- Trace Rifles
- Now spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Now benefit from the following armor perks:
- Auto Rifle Loader
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim
- Auto Rifle Targeting
- Precision Weapon Targeting
- Auto Rifle Dexterity
- Increased Sword damage in PvE
- Increased Fusion Rifle damage in PvE
- Proximity Grenades now have a stat penalty to blast radius
- Reduced the amount by which Full Choke narrows projectile spread
- Changed the Dynamo and Distribution perks
- Players will need to activate their class ability in proximity to at least one enemy to gain the benefit
- Increased the energy gain by 20% to compensate slightly for the new requirement
- Fixed an issue where Dynamo’s effect was not scaling based on the player’s class type; the Distribution perk had this, but it was unintentionally left out of Dynamo
- Increased visibility through a Titan’s Banner Shield for allies
- The White Nail perk should no longer occasionally activate before the player achieves the required number of precision hits
- Fixed an issue where the SUROS Regime scope was opaque yellow
- Fixed an issue where Polaris Lance’s The Perfect Fifth perk was not triggering
- Fixed an issue where Vex Cyclopes weren’t attacking players
- Fixed an issue where Hive Knights and Taken Vandals were not using special abilities
- Decreased attacker respawn time from 7 seconds to 5 seconds after the Breaker is deployed
- Modified the game rules to prevent teams from forcing the round into a stalemate:
- In the initial fight over the Breaker, the team with the most capture progress (high-water mark) will win the Breaker if time runs out without any Breaker progress present. There will still be overtime if time runs out with progress present, and the Breaker will go to the team with current progress at the end of 30 seconds, or to the high-water mark if progress reaches zero with no players on the Breaker.
- While a team is hacking the other team’s Vault, progress decay accelerates gradually during Sudden Death for up to 30 seconds, after which the round will end the moment no attackers are present in the capture zone.
- If the round ends in a draw twice, the match ends in a tie.
- Neither team will get Glory points from this scenario.
- Win Streaks are maintained.
- Sleeper Simulant now gains less ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 2, down from 4)
- Swords now gain more ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 12, up from 6)
- Fixed an issue where sometimes one team’s invasion portal would not open
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong team would be credited for defeating the Ascendant Primeval
- Increased the spawn rate of the Ascendant Primeval Servitor
- The Gambit ship and Sparrow are no longer guaranteed drops
- Quitter protection
- Fixed an issue where matchmaking would sometimes result in players being kicked from Gambit matches, thus triggering quitter penalties
- Quitter penalties have been reenabled
- Players will now receive two warnings before they are suspended from Gambit
- Players will not be immediately suspended on the first match of the day if they quit a match the night before
- Increased suspension time to 30 minutes
- Fixed an issue where players could play the strike “The Corrupted” with a six-player fireteam
Items and Economy
- When a player receives an Exotic, we now take into account all Exotics the player has found and weight them against Exotics they have yet to acquire. This lowers the player’s chances of receiving Exotics they already own.
- Exotics that the player does not yet own are individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, the player is more likely to earn armor pieces as these have randomly rolled perks
- Removed quest Exotic weapons from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Worldline Zero
- Ace of Spades
- One Thousand Voices
- Lord of Wolves
- The Chaperone
- Renamed Masterwork Cores to Enhancement Cores
- Enhancement Cores are now awarded by Scrapper bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Banshee-44 now accepts up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Removed hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increased the stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Reduced shader dismantle time from 1 second to 0.25 seconds
- Fixed an issue where the Secret Victories emblem was using the wrong tracker description
- It now correctly displays as “Ascendant chests looted”
- The requirements for the Queen’s Bounty “Purification Ritual” have been clarified and now list the target as “Abyssal Champions” instead of “Swordbearing Knights”
- Raid challenge bounties now rotate in a fixed, round-robin fashion
- Nightfall unique rewards will drop more consistently; the longer players go without a unique drop, the higher their chances of a unique reward on their next Nightfall completion
- The chance resets once a player receives any Nightfall unique reward
Microsoft Bringing Four Games to Rival Consoles
Microsoft has responded to recent reports that there will be changes to it’s first-party strategy and has confirmed that four game titles will be released on rival consoles.
More specifically, Xbox head Phil Spencer said that ‘Starfield’ and ‘Indiana Jones’ will not be among the four titles heading to other platforms. Both games had a number of candidate platforms, per reports, adding that this is “not a change to our fundamental exclusive strategy.”
“We don’t damage Xbox and we can grow our business using what other platforms have to help us with that,” Spencer said, according to GamesIndustry.biz. “Looking forward, I think there is an interesting story for us of introducing Xbox franchises to players on other platforms to get them more interested in Xbox. We think there’s a good brand value for Xbox there.”
Xbox president Sarah Bond announced that Activision Blizzard games would begin to be added into Game Pass offerings, starting with Diablo 4, which will be added on March 28th.
Additionally, Bond said that Microsoft is still working on hardware for the future and that their focus regarding the future is “delivering the largest technical leap you will ever have seen in a hardware generation.”
Sega’s Revenue See Rise to $27 Billion
Sega Sammy has released its financial report for the nine-month period that officially concluded on December 31st, 2023, and that report that demonstrated a rise in overall sales and profit despite a decrease in sales for Sega’s new titles.
That decline was offset by growth in pachislot and pachinko machines, however Sega had lowered its sales forecasts for the full financial year.
Here is a breakdown, courtesy of GamesIndustry.biz.
- Net sales: ¥349.9 billion ($2.3 billion, up 28.7% year-on-year)
- Operating income: ¥54.4 billion ($364 million, up 42.4% year-on-year)
- Ordinary income: ¥57.2 billion ($383 million, up 42.7% year-on-year)
- Net sales were up 130.3% to ¥120.2 billion ($805 million) in this segment
- Ordinary income increased by 521.3% at ¥45.7 billion ($306 million).
- Entertainment Contents segment, which includes video games, net sales were up 4.2% at ¥219.3 billion
- Profit decreased by 52.5% to ¥19.7 billion ($131.8 million) as a result of weak game sales
You can read a breakdown of the entire report at GamesIndustry.biz here.
CVC Capital Partners, Haveli Investments Acquire Jagex
CVC Capital Partners and Haveli Investments have reached an agreement to acquire RuneScape developer Jagex from Carlyle Group, according to Sky News.
While financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed publicly, the Sky News report indicates that CVC was planning to spend £900 million on the purchase of Jagex.
Luxembourg-based CVC Capital Partners is one of the world’s largest private equity firms and Austin-based Haveli Investments is an established games investor.
CVC Capital Partners has previously backed Dead by Daylight creator Behaviour Interactive, London-based Predecessor developer Omeda Studios, and Tel Aviv-based Match Masters studio Candivore.
Jagex has more than 700 staff worldwide, and is best known for its RuneScape franchise and is currently working on the PC and console launch of Scum by Gamepires sometimes in 2024.
News5 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News6 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News6 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News6 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling