Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5 Arrives
A new update for Destiny 2 arrived on Tuesday and we have the full patch notes available below, which describe what changes and fixes were implemented.
- Increased Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increased damage against Taken and invaders
- Increased base Wish-Ender damage
- Fixed an issue where Wish-Ender’s Broadhead perk would not activate properly, which would result in a loss of damage
- Wish-Ender’s Queen’s Wrath perk effects are now more readable and consistent
- Trace Rifles
- Now spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Now benefit from the following armor perks:
- Auto Rifle Loader
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim
- Auto Rifle Targeting
- Precision Weapon Targeting
- Auto Rifle Dexterity
- Increased Sword damage in PvE
- Increased Fusion Rifle damage in PvE
- Proximity Grenades now have a stat penalty to blast radius
- Reduced the amount by which Full Choke narrows projectile spread
- Changed the Dynamo and Distribution perks
- Players will need to activate their class ability in proximity to at least one enemy to gain the benefit
- Increased the energy gain by 20% to compensate slightly for the new requirement
- Fixed an issue where Dynamo’s effect was not scaling based on the player’s class type; the Distribution perk had this, but it was unintentionally left out of Dynamo
- Increased visibility through a Titan’s Banner Shield for allies
- The White Nail perk should no longer occasionally activate before the player achieves the required number of precision hits
- Fixed an issue where the SUROS Regime scope was opaque yellow
- Fixed an issue where Polaris Lance’s The Perfect Fifth perk was not triggering
- Fixed an issue where Vex Cyclopes weren’t attacking players
- Fixed an issue where Hive Knights and Taken Vandals were not using special abilities
- Decreased attacker respawn time from 7 seconds to 5 seconds after the Breaker is deployed
- Modified the game rules to prevent teams from forcing the round into a stalemate:
- In the initial fight over the Breaker, the team with the most capture progress (high-water mark) will win the Breaker if time runs out without any Breaker progress present. There will still be overtime if time runs out with progress present, and the Breaker will go to the team with current progress at the end of 30 seconds, or to the high-water mark if progress reaches zero with no players on the Breaker.
- While a team is hacking the other team’s Vault, progress decay accelerates gradually during Sudden Death for up to 30 seconds, after which the round will end the moment no attackers are present in the capture zone.
- If the round ends in a draw twice, the match ends in a tie.
- Neither team will get Glory points from this scenario.
- Win Streaks are maintained.
- Sleeper Simulant now gains less ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 2, down from 4)
- Swords now gain more ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 12, up from 6)
- Fixed an issue where sometimes one team’s invasion portal would not open
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong team would be credited for defeating the Ascendant Primeval
- Increased the spawn rate of the Ascendant Primeval Servitor
- The Gambit ship and Sparrow are no longer guaranteed drops
- Quitter protection
- Fixed an issue where matchmaking would sometimes result in players being kicked from Gambit matches, thus triggering quitter penalties
- Quitter penalties have been reenabled
- Players will now receive two warnings before they are suspended from Gambit
- Players will not be immediately suspended on the first match of the day if they quit a match the night before
- Increased suspension time to 30 minutes
- Fixed an issue where players could play the strike “The Corrupted” with a six-player fireteam
Items and Economy
- When a player receives an Exotic, we now take into account all Exotics the player has found and weight them against Exotics they have yet to acquire. This lowers the player’s chances of receiving Exotics they already own.
- Exotics that the player does not yet own are individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, the player is more likely to earn armor pieces as these have randomly rolled perks
- Removed quest Exotic weapons from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Worldline Zero
- Ace of Spades
- One Thousand Voices
- Lord of Wolves
- The Chaperone
- Renamed Masterwork Cores to Enhancement Cores
- Enhancement Cores are now awarded by Scrapper bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Banshee-44 now accepts up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Removed hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increased the stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Reduced shader dismantle time from 1 second to 0.25 seconds
- Fixed an issue where the Secret Victories emblem was using the wrong tracker description
- It now correctly displays as “Ascendant chests looted”
- The requirements for the Queen’s Bounty “Purification Ritual” have been clarified and now list the target as “Abyssal Champions” instead of “Swordbearing Knights”
- Raid challenge bounties now rotate in a fixed, round-robin fashion
- Nightfall unique rewards will drop more consistently; the longer players go without a unique drop, the higher their chances of a unique reward on their next Nightfall completion
- The chance resets once a player receives any Nightfall unique reward
Microsoft Unveils Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit
Xbox has officially unveiled the Xbox Developer Sustainability Toolkit which is aimed to help creators reduce energy consumption and measure carbon emissions during game development processes.
The Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit includes resources that include:
- Power Monitor tools
- Certification reports
- Power consumption dashboards
- Best practices
Ubisoft and 343 Industries were named as early users of the Xbox Developer Sustainability ToolKit with 343 Industries able to reduce energy use by 15% without impacting the player experience at all.
Ubisoft and Xbox are co-developing an energy-efficient eco-mode for users.
You can check out the full report right here.
Epic Games Store Hits $820 Million in Player Spending During 2022
Epic Games has officially released financial data related to it’s growing marketplace on PC, showing that $820 million was spent on the Epic Games Store during the 2022 year, and promised support for third-party subscription services and new ‘content hubs’ to help companies promote their titles.
According to the data:
- Total users of Epic Games Store PC: 230 million (up 19% year-on-year)
- Epic cross-platform accounts: 732 million
- Daily active users peak: 34.3 million
- Monthly active users: 68 million (up 10%)
- Total spending, incl. Epic’s games: $820 million (down 2%)
- Spending on third-party games: $355 million (up 18%)
- Free games claimed: 700 million
- Number of new PC releases: 626
- Total library of PC games: 1,548 (up 68%)
Epic Games stated on it’s blog that more PC games launched during the 2022 year than in any year prior.
Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto 5, Rocket League, Genshin Impact, and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands were among the most popular titles related to player engagement and player spending, and Epic Games looks to deepen their focus in 2023 as they aim to improve the store launcher’s performance.
Epic Games also aims to add support for subscription services from third-party publishers and live service products by the end of the 2023 year, adding that they are also working on ‘content hubs’ which will be separate from product pages and will enable publishers to “share information with users in a robust editorial format.”
California Judge Dismisses Gamers Lawsuit Filed Against Microsoft
A federal judge in San Francisco has ruled that the group of 10 plaintiffs “[lacked] allegations” in their lawsuit filed last year that claimed Microsoft’s ownerships of Activision Blizzard would harm consumers and competition in the video games market, according to a filing shared by Reuters.
While US District Judge Jacqueline Corley dismissed the case, she also gave the plaintiffs 20 days to refine their lawsuit and resubmit it, and the group’s lawyer, Joseph Saveri, said that there are plans to officially submit an amended lawsuit with “additional factual detail” that will address the judge’s concerns.
It marks a victory for Microsoft, but their battles are far from over as they still face a hearing over the Federal Trade Commission’s legal complaint, which is currently slated to take place in August of this year.
Microsoft and Activision Blizzard originally expected the transaction to be complete by June 30, 2023.
News5 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling