Destiny 2 servers are back online and Bungie is releasing details of a brand new major patch that they have set to roll out later on Tuesday.
The first major patch in a series of patches planned for release in the early part of 2018 will bring the game to version 1.1.2. Downtime began at 11 a.m. ET and is expected to last until 3 p.m. ET.
Bungie is off to a good start as maintenance completed ahead of schedule at around 1:35pm EST today.
Here is everything that is being rolled out in the new update, according to Bungie’s patch notes:
Destiny Update 1.1.2 – The one about Armor Masterworks
- Legendary Armor now has a chance to drop as a Masterwork
- Any non-Masterwork armor may be upgraded to Masterwork for five Masterwork Cores and 20 Legendary Shards
- Upgrading to Masterwork may rework the stat of the armor
- Masterwork armor grants 3% damage resistance while players are in a Super state for each Masterwork armor piece equipped
- Masterwork armor can have a different stat package (Heavy, Light, or Restorative) from the base armor piece
- Players may rework Masterwork armor to randomly assign one of the three base packages to the armor, allowing players to reroll the stat packages on their armor piece by piece
- Reworking Masterwork armor requires one Masterwork Core and 10 Legendary Shards
- Like weapons, armor Masterworks have a higher drop rate from Trials of the Nine and raid activities
- Benedict 99-40 now has a rotating stock of armor and weapons available each week
- To unlock these items for purchase, players must complete the corresponding activity that week
- Raid encounters drop at least one armor or weapon item
- Note: The Castellum and Reactor Escape encounters each drop one Legendary engram per week
- Completing a Prestige version of a raid encounter prior to normal difficulty will drop both Prestige and normal rewards while also locking the weekly rewards for each activity
- The last encounter of raid activities has a chance to drop a new Exotic Ghost, exclusive to the Leviathan
- Raid armor has unique mods that only function within the Leviathan
- Raid mods can be swapped at will for the cost of one raid token
- Existing raid armor already held in inventory will automatically have the option to equip mods
- All raid encounters now have a chance to grant an Exotic reward
- Prometheus Lens
- Flame Refraction perk now generates ammo instead of pulling from reserves
- Increased base damage
- Lucky Pants
- Fixed an issue where the Illegally Modded Holster perk could provide infinite ammo
- Ophideans Aspects
- Fixed an issue where the Cobra Totemic perk did not function properly when using weapons with the Quickdraw perk
- I Am Alive
- Revised perks on the Eater of Worlds Grenade Launcher to include a second trait perk: Moving Target
- Removed the Augmented Drum and High-Velocity Rounds perks
- Fixed an issue where grenade projectiles could remain indefinitely after being hit by Telesto in the Crucible
- Fixed an issue where warp gates did not always function when players were completing Heroic Mercury adventures
- Revised the description for the Heroic adventure “De-Powered” modifier to correctly state that grenade damage is decreased when the modifier is active
- Revised the description of Heroic Mercury adventures to properly state availability
- Players may play up to three Heroic Mercury adventures on a given day
- Each Heroic adventure may be played once per twice-weekly reset
- Heroic adventures are no longer automatically selected at weekly reset
- Mercury challenges are now available during adventures
- Fixed an issue where new characters created after the release of Curse of Osiris were not receiving the Flashpoint milestone
- Fixed an issue where scannables for Faction Rallies were not properly appearing during Faction Rallies events
- Trials of the Nine now properly shows requirements when the featured map requires Curse of Osiris ownership
- Revised the Lost Sector reward throttle from 10 minutes to 5 minutes
- Fixed an issue where players could no longer progress during the final encounter in the Tree of Probabilities Strike
- Fixed an issue where Ikora would display a waypoint in error
- Players in social spaces receive a notification when their Postmaster Lost and Found is full
- Chest waypoints now properly appear when using Scout Reports on Mercury
- Colorblind settings now apply to elements of the Gauntlet encounter of the “Leviathan” raid
- Armor offered by Brother Vance now displays mod slots when previewed in the vendor inventory
- Fixed an issue where players would see incorrect level-up UI when leveling up alternate characters from levels 21 through 25
- Auto Rifles now correctly display perks when players are previewing weapons within the Vault
- Adjusted the display order of gear sockets (mods, shaders, etc.) in the Item Details screen to be more consistent
- Increased the dismantle timer for Masterwork Cores
- Masterwork Weapons and Armor now display a gold border when being viewed in the Postmaster Lost and Found
- Crucible players will be properly notified when Power Ammo is acquired from the Cave area of Radiant Cliffs
- Reduced the amount of XP required to earn an Illuminated Engram from 160k to 120k
- The Crossroads emblem correctly displays within Collections for players who have earned the emblem
- Character models no longer flinch when spawning in to social spaces with spawn effects equipped
- Updated the names of spawn effects to properly reflect their in-game appearance
- Gold Spotlight Effect is now the Yellow Spotlight Effect
- Blue Class Sigil Effect is now the Purple Class Sigil Effect
- The New Monarchy helmet ornament icon now displays the correct helmet
- The New Monarchy cloak now displays the correct imagery for female Hunters
- Fixed an issue where the Future War Cult gauntlets would display floating geometry
- Gunsmith engrams correctly grant weapon foundry shaders once again
- Fixed an issue where Three of Coins was not increasing chances for Exotic rewards when players were completing public events on Mercury
- Heroic strike completions now have a greater chance of granting Exotic rewards
- Fixed an issue where Curse of Osiris strikes were not properly granting Clan engrams when featured as a Nightfall activity
- Arcite-99 will now offer Gunsmith Engrams to players who have reached level 20 but have not yet completed the Red War campaign
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard price reduced from 350 to 250 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible price reduced from 750 to 600 Bright Dust
- Fixed an issue where Challenges were not appearing within Quickplay
- Fixed an issue where Masterwork Cores and Mod Components were not being forwarded to the Postmaster Lost and Found
- Fixed an issue where Destiny 2 could crash when players were changing emotes quickly
- Fixed an issue where players could not interact with vendors after fast-traveling to a social space
- Fixed an issue where the belt on Lucky Raspberry was not properly attached to the character model
- Fixed an issue where some Sparrow contrails could obstruct player view
- Fixed an issue where the Get Up and Sneaky emotes could not be in the player inventory at the same time
- Cayde now properly acknowledges player accomplishments during Mercury Flashpoint weeks when granting the Flashpoint engram, rather than asking the player about the weather on Io
- Fixed an issue where Zavala would display the wrong text when granting players rewards from the Heroic Strike milestone
Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon Winning in United Kingdom
FromSoftware title ‘Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon’, which is published by Bandai Namco, has laid claim to the top spot of the boxed charts in the United Kingdom this week following it’s August 25th release.
Armored Core 6’s debut pushed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to the second overall spot in news that video game journalists have been covering extensively.
According to GamesIndustry.biz, Bandai Namco believes that ‘Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon’ is a “big step up in the franchise’ and communicated their hopes that it would surpass previous Armored Core games following the increased popularity in the game developers work on Elden Ring.
The United Kingdom charts also saw The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom move back to the 3rd spot, and FIFA 23 holding the 4th spot.
The biggest rise was from Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which jumped back in the top top from it’s previous 24th spot to land in 6th with a 146% increase in sales. That game, along with Hogwarts Legacy, is currently a part of a Playstation 5 bundle.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year edition entered the Top Ten this week with an appearance in the 9th spot.
The news wasn’t so good for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre which saw a debut in the 13th spot last week but has now dropped to 37th following a 43% decrease in sales week-on-week, despite it’s initial push on every video game streaming platform following it’s heavily hyped arrival.
Here is a breakdown from the United Kingdom Boxed Top Ten for the week ending on August 26th, via GamesIndustry.biz.
|Last Week||This Week||Title|
|New Entry||1||Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon|
|1||2||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe|
|4||3||The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom|
|24||6||Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga|
|5||7||Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate|
|7||8||Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)|
|12||9||The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition|
|2||10||Grand Theft Auto V|
Scriptic Raises $6 Million in Additional Seed Funding
Interactive drama developer and BAFTA-nominated studio Scriptic has raised a total $6.2 million in additional seed funding, including $500,000 from the Sony Innovation Fund, bringing the total seed investments to $8.7 million.
The funding will be deployed to continue going towards the expansion of its mobile narrative offerings, and the studio aims to provide its generative AI developer tools to more writers and storytellers.
“It’s a huge honor to have Sony Innovation Fund join our roster of stellar investors, and we’re thrilled that they share our vision for the future of interactive media and storytelling,” Scriptic CEO Nihal Tharoor said, according to GamesIndustry.biz.
Xbox Scheduled to Release Baldur’s Gate 3 Later This Year
Following news earlier this year that Larian Studios cited technical issues developing the port, there is now official confirmation that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be launching on Xbox Series X|S consoles this year.
Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke officially announced the update on social media following a meeting with Xbox head Phil Spencer.
“We’ve found a solution that allows us to bring Baldur’s Gate 3 to Xbox players this year still, something we’ve been working towards for quite some time,” Vincke said in the announcement. “All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X.”
The Xbox Series S console version of the RPG will not feature split-screen coop, a disappointing part of the update, but Baldur’s Gate 3 will have cross-save progression functionality between Steam and Xbox Series consoles.
Stay tuned here or other prominent video game journalists for more information on Baldur’s Gate heading to Xbox in 2023.
News5 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling