Fortnite dropped a new update today and patch v5.30 is full of some exciting leaks that are sure to make your day!
Always doing solid investigative work, dataminers found references to two new weapons and one grenade in the patch files. According to @FNBRLeaks, there are multiple entries regarding a flamethrower within the game’s files.
The weapon is listed under LMGs, and uses medium bullets, however there is currently no in-game render for the flamethrower just yet. A folder, added by Epic Games, was found to contain effects for the flamethrower, including smoke and flames.
It also appears that the Quad Launcher, which had been available in Fortnite’s Save the World mode in the past, will be returning to Battle Royale soon.
Making a debut will be the Shockwave Grenade, which has an early render within the patch v5.30 files, and, additionally, @TwoEpicBuddies noted that it’s a legendary version of the Pulse Grenade, but further information on what the Shockwave Grenade can do is not available at this time.
Additionally, Epic added files for an upcoming event called Cube, which is believed to include a rocket launcher.
Here are the official patch notes:
- New Message of the Day format for both Save the World and Battle Royale modes.
- Added keyboard presets to the keyboard input tab in the settings.
- Now you can quickly select either the default keyboard controls (Standard) or the original (Old School) controls.
- Fixed a delay when trying to open the top bar menu immediately after switching to the Store tab.
- Fixed UI bug where holding down the primary button on a Widget, then moving to a new widget, would result in the current selection disappearing.
- Fixed issues with burst-fire weapon local ammo amount occasionally being displayed incorrectly when equipping or unequipping while firing.
- The shader cache now adjusts how many shader entries are processed each frame based on how long it takes to compile each shader. This makes the process faster when the operating-system or driver has internally cached the shaders on a previous run.
- Fixed an issue causing autorun to immediately turn off after being toggled on.
- Modified the Options screen so that player inputs will not immediately cause it to close during gameplay.
- Fixed reticle hit notify image appearing when switching quickly from a melee weapon to a ranged weapon after inflicting damage.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally allowed weapons to display ammo in the magazine if all ammo was dropped while reloading.
- Fixed an issue with trying to fire while opening a door, which was causing a fire animation to play without the weapon actually firing.
- Smoke generated from the destruction of objects is now 50% more translucent than before, increasing visibility close up.
Limited-time mode: Score Royale
- Earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and eliminating other players. The first to cross the High Score threshold wins the Victory Royale!
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast! Earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
- Winning Score (Solo) – 2,000
- Winning Score (Duos) – 3,000
- Winning Score (Squads) – 4,500
- Use an Apple or Mushroom – 10
- Open an Ammo Box – 25
- Open a Llama – 50
- Open a Supply Drop – 100
- Eliminate an Enemy – 100
- Open a Treasure Chest – 50
- Find a Bronze Coin – 30
- Find a Silver Coin – 50
- Find a Gold Coin – 100
Limited-time mode: Playground
- Playground has been updated with a couple dozen new ATK’s available, some more ramps to jump them off of, and a handful of new Rifts scattered throughout the map. Head to the hilltops and see if you can find them all.
Weapons and items
- Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in inventory and deployed immediately.
- When activated, you are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- Epic rarity. Drops in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- Can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15% while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Impulse Grenade max stack size increased from 8 to 9.
- Bouncers now need line of sight of a player to activate.
- Damage Traps will now properly affect enemy players who are within their range.
- Remote Explosives now damage everything in their radius that can be destroyed.
- Added the ability to use Emoticons and Squad Comms while knocked down.
- Combat and Builder Pro Configs: Added functionality to the right stick click action that will cycle available traps if the player isn’t repairing or rotating a build piece.
- Added an option to auto-sort consumable items to the rightmost empty quick bar slot when picked up.
- Added smoothing to motion controls on platforms that support it.
- Lowered the dead-zone used for aiming on Xbox One controllers.
- Tuned controller input and accelerations to allow for more fine tuning when aiming.
- Vehicles will now fall properly if the structure beneath them is destroyed.
- Characters who crouch and uncrouch will no longer cause visual or hitbox inconsistencies.
- Fixed an issue causing 0 damage number to be displayed.
- Players affected by network issues such as packet loss are now limited in how far they will move until the connection is stable again.
- Additionally, fixed some inconsistencies with how far and fast players could move under these conditions.
- The Save the World reward flow will no longer occasionally appear in Battle Royale.
- When health and shield damage occur at the same time, they will now be combined and displayed as a single shield damage number.
- Fixed an issue with controller aiming where the input was not properly scaled when aiming down sights or aiming with a scoped weapon.
- This will slightly increase sensitivity when aiming down sights or with a scoped weapon.
- Players will no longer emote with their pickaxe in hand.
- Fixed issue where damage would always show blue numbers when a player’s shield amount would get stuck at a value between 0 and 1.
- Fixed some shrubs and bushes that took more swings to harvest then intended. They will now be destroyed after the intended number of swings.
- Weapons will now auto reload if they are equipped and their ammo type is looted.
- Vending Machines now display the proper costs in the Playground LTM.
- Fixed some very long hitches seen during long game sessions caused by the Replay System.
- Optimized loading of Outfits to reduce disk load during the early game (particularly skydiving). This should mean buildings and Outfits load faster.
- Improved building streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch. This will help buildings load in more quickly during skydiving, reducing the chances of landing on a low-detail model.
- Improved load times on Xbox One and Switch.
- Additional stereo content has been added to your own gunfire sounds.
- Laser Chomp tail swing audio adjusted to more closely match the animation.
- Emote music no longer breaks when playing back to back emotes.
- Music now plays properly when using the Hang Time glider.
- Added a max time for the clock ticking sound that plays prior to the Storm shrinking.
- Prevents 3 minutes of this sound from playing at the end of a Playgrounds match.
- Pick Squeak pickaxe now properly squeaks on every hit.
- Added a display timer and new animation for Item Shop carousel tiles.
- Health bars for objects with more than 1000 health now display properly.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t use LT/L2 to zoom on the fullscreen map while spectating because it would open the report player window.
- The ATK now displays the proper controls for players on a gamepad.
- Fixed an issue where all buses would display as enemy buses on the starter island.
Art and animation
- Purple trails on Split Wing Glider will now appear properly.
- Whiteout Outfit now has 100% more neck.
- The camera will no longer get stuck following the Battle Bus in replays.
- Shield bar will now properly update after a player is revived.
- Weapon icons on nameplates will now display properly.
- Players must now select a preferred fire mode before proceeding to matchmaking.
- A dedicated button to powerslide while driving has been added to the UI.
- The button for exiting a vehicle will now always remain consistent.
- Turbo building will no longer be interrupted by switching structure types.
- Fixed camera jitter while moving and looking simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where settings would appear in-game lower than intended resulting in missing shadows and lower image quality.
PUBG Mobile Surpasses $9 Billion in Lifetime Revenue
PUBG Mobile has reached $9 billion in global lifetime revenue and has notched 1.1 billion installs worldwide across the App Store and Google Play, according to data from Sensor Tower.
The mobile version of PUBG experienced 104.4 million installs globally between January and September 2022, which represents a 27% decline year-over-year from the same period in 2021, additionally, PUBG Mobile made $1.6 billion between January and September of this year, also a 27% decrease from the $2.2 million generated from Q1 to Q3 last year.
Looking at another popular title, MiHoYo’s RPG Genshin Impact, they generated $1.4 billion in consumer spending between Q1 and Q3 2022. The game celebrated it’s second anniversary in style, hitting $3.7 million in lifetime revenue around the time, according to Sensor Tower.
MiHoYo’s RPG has amassed 126.4 million installs on mobile to this date.
Tencent Facing Allegations of Infringing on Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Tencent will appear in court on this Tuesday to face allegations of copyright infringement in China, filed by Shanghai-based studio Moonton Technology, according to the South China Morning Post.
Per the report, Tencent is accused of infringing on the rights of Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, one of the biggest mobile titles in Southeast Asia and faces allegations that include rights to authorship, reproduction and communications regarding the game.
Ubisoft’s Hungry Shark Reaches 1 Billion Downloads
Ubisoft is celebrating the long-standing success of it’s most downloaded mobile series ‘Hungry Shark’, which initially launched back in 2010 and has since surpassed over 1 billion downloads, an impressive feat.
Ubisoft has confirmed, via a release, that the Hungry Shark franchise has hit one billion downloads globally across mobile platforms, making it Ubisoft’s most-downloaded mobile franchise.
“We’re really proud to reach this incredible milestone and I’d like to thank the teams involved for their hard work as we look ahead to some exciting announcements in early 2023 on the future direction of the studio and to share more on Hungry Shark brand” Ian Harper, Managing Director of Ubisoft Future Games of London said in an official press release.
News5 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News5 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News5 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
News5 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News5 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
News5 years ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
Mobile5 years ago
Fortnite Leaks Season 6 Skins, Emotes, Backbling