- 1 pound Kalamata or Greek olives
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Rinse olives under running cold water; drain. Place in 1 quart jar with tight-fitting lid. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over olives. Cover tightly and refrigerate, turning jar upside down occasionally, 1 to 2 weeks. Serve at room temperature.
About 75 olives.
Note: Marinated olives are essential to a mezze or mazza, the Middle Eastern counterpart of an Italian antipasto. Moroccan market stalls are crowded with enormous ceramic jars filled with olives of all kinds. Moroccan Herbed Olives keep well tightly covered and refrigerated.
From “Betty Crocker’s New International Cookbook“