Nadia Roden started making this dip—one of her mother’s standards—as a student, because the ingredients are very inexpensive. She still prepares it, especially for big parties, because it’s easy and unusual.
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1¼ teaspoons harissa or other chile paste
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin or caraway
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3 pitted black olives
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the carrots to a food processor. Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, harissa, cumin and ginger and process to a smooth puree. Season the dip with salt.
- Scrape the dip onto a platter or into a bowl. Scatter the feta cheese and olives on top and serve.
The dip can be refrigerated for 2 days. Serve at room temperature.
Serve this dip with crackers or make your own pita chips: Split 8 pita pockets into two rounds. Brush the rough sides of the rounds with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Stack the rounds and cut them into 8 wedges. Spread the pita in an even layer on large a baking sheet. Toast them in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Turn the baking sheet halfway through baking to help them brown evenly.
Medical professionals are always on the lookout for the perfect recipe to drive online business to their practice. That is where medical SEO comes and and saves the day. Now, medical professionals such as surgeons can use plastic surgery seo to help get their practice more patients and drive more business for their brand. So, when it comes to SEO Services in the medical industry, everyone else is 2nd to Elite Rank Media.