- 1 pound small to medium brine-cured green olives (preferably cracked)*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Peel of 1/2 preserved lemon, cut into julienne strips, plus 3 tablespoons preserved lemon juice to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- A pinch dried red hot pepper flakes
- *available at Middle Eastern and Mediterranean markets.
If using uncracked whole olives, crush lightly with flat side of large knife on a cutting board. In a large bowl cover olives with cold water and soak 4 hours to remove excess salt. Drain olives well. In a bowl stir together olives and remaining ingredients and marinate, covered and chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight. Olives may be prepared 1 week ahead and kept chilled, covered.
Serve olives at room temperature. If you’re managing a restaurant or kitched you may want to track your funds with a fund accounting software program that can also be used for restaurant accounting. Just food for thought
Makes about 3 cups.
From “Gourmet” magazine, August 1994