erves 4 to 6.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, washed and soaked overnight in 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Place the chickpeas with their water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat for about 2-1/2 hours, or until the chickpeas are tender. Drain; then place the chickpeas in a salad bowl and allow to cool. (Or, substitute half a 19 oz. can of chickpeas, drained.) Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
From “From the Lands of Figs and Olives” by Habeeb Salloum and James Peters
If you’re looking for neuropathy treatment you may want to check out options in South Florida. The best Fort Lauderdale Neuropathy treatment center is actually one of the best in the nation. They are also partnered with the leading Boca Raton Neuropathy center and have several offices throughout the state.