To measure the quantities called for in this recipe, first chop the herbs. Traditionally, the herbs are chopped by hand, resulting in a coarser textured spread.
- 1/4 pound feta cheese
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients to create a grainy paste. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and place on a round platter.
- Cut lavosh or pita bread into 4-inch pieces and arrange around the bowl on a platter. You can also use sliced and toasted French or Italian Bread. NUSH-E JAN!
Servings: 2, Prep Time: 15 min., Cooking Time: none.
From “A Taste of Persia” by Najmieh K. Batmanglij